Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the front struts, the lower cross arm, and ball joints replaced. I had just had an alignment done. My vehicle drove just fine until I took the vehicle through a car wash and than it has vibration when I reach speeds over 60 mph. I had the two front tires balance yesterday thinking that was the problem, nope it still vibrates. You can fill the vibration in the steering wheel, the gas petal, and the seats. The vehicle almost has 200k on it. Any suggestions on what the problem can be?

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
a cars wash that pulls the vehicle via the wheels or something?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Since the problem came after a wash, it is probably mud in the wheels (could be rear wheels as well, even if you feel it in the front). Also mud in the strut springs, although this is unlikely from a car wash. It could be unrelated and a part in the suspension broke, but rule out the most likely things first.

I have had this happen several times after my wife took one of our vehicles through a wash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently had the front struts, the lower cross arm, and ball joints replaced. I had just had an alignment done. My vehicle drove just fine until I took the vehicle through a car wash and than it has vibration when I reach speeds over 60 mph. I had the two front tires balance yesterday thinking that was the problem, nope it still vibrates. You can fill the vibration in the steering wheel, the gas petal, and the seats. The vehicle almost has 200k on it. Any suggestions on what the problem can be?
Update
I believe I have found the problem that is causing the vibrations the motor mounts need to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts