Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start our Traverse about an hour after it was running fine with no symptoms. When I went to turn the key, all lights lighted up and then immediately everything went dead. The keys are now stuck in the ignition and there is no power to the car. The battery I tested and is full and all connectors are tight. I tried replacing the ECM1 fuse thinking it may have just blown, but that didn't fix the issue. Could this possibly be an issue with the ignition switch going out and not getting power? Or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Id check fuses with a meter- to see if power is making it to the fuses and beyond.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery terminal. Let it sit for 10 minutes then reconnect and try it. How do you know battery is full ?
Usually the key stuck points to a BCM issue. I did have my key stuck once in my 08 and no power, next day it started fine. It turned out to be the airbag connector under the seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the suggestions. I was able to get this figured out - a wire seemed to make its way loose between the battery and fuse box. After getting this reconnected everything is back in order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Soooo...my 2009 Traverse has no power the battery is good. I have power going to the fuse box and it seems all the fuses are good. I know there are heavier amp fuses, other than the alternator fuse, I just do not know their location. Is there a diagram or can someone tell me where the inline fuses are?

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you do some searches on the subject, I am pretty sure a few of us have posted wiring diagrams, on here and the Enclave forum. I don't have any with me to share right now but may be able to when I get some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts