Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of members on the Enclave forum report their 2011's come with CABIN Filters.

Though weve asked for pic proof...

they say the manual even states it.

If youll recall- early Acadia/Enclaves had the filters- Ive seen pics.. real filters...
then they went to just a screen mesh to catch debris-- and eventually- no filter/mesh at all....

so- if any one with a 2011 can check their traverse...

a filter is something Id look into adding on my 2010...

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I would definitely add this option as well. It is one thing I was hoping would be standard on the Traverse, but found out after I bought it that it didn't have one.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I see a part number listed in the manual, but there isn't any reference to actually replacing it. I'll have to take a look when I get a chance. I assume it's under the dash on the passenger side?

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Behind the globe box.
these are pics from a Enclave member

I believe you remove a screw/push tabs on the sides and the door drops. giving you access to the filter... if any.

this is the screen version of the 'filter'... the filter version looks like -well a filter

·
Registered
718 Posts
Makes sense for where to look, it should be easy enough to check. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Definitely no filter on my 2011. :eek:hno:

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
If youll recall- early Acadia/Enclaves had the filters- Ive seen pics.. real filters...
then they went to just a screen mesh to catch debris-- and eventually- no filter/mesh at all....
My 07 Acadia does not have a filter; just the screen

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
popeyelk said:
Definitely no filter on my 2011. :eek:hno:
thanks for the visual proof...
now to go see if the enclave dudes can post proof of the filters....

A

·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
thanks for the visual proof...
now to go see if the enclave dudes can post proof of the filters....
I too would like to see visual proof of an actual filter

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just checked my 2010. Same as the poster above.
If you want to visually check real quick- you can open your glove box and use a flashlight to see the top part of the cover above

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I agree with above poster. Why can't you just remove the screen, and add a filter. After all, the manual gives you a part # right?

I can't believe the Traverse ( or any Lambda, or any car ) built today, doesn't come standard with this. My 10 year old silverado has the cabin air filter, and it's a good one too. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
718 Posts
GXPWeasel said:
I can't believe the Traverse ( or any Lambda, or any car ) built today, doesn't come standard with this. My 10 year old silverado has the cabin air filter, and it's a good one too. :eek:hno:
My 04 Silverado doesn't have one, and our 99 Suburban didn't have one either.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
ill have to check tonight cause i was told my 11 has one and got a suplement from the dealer that shows how to access it.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys waiting for 84Camino to chime in on wether he has a filter..
But looking at pics- I noticed something....
and im asking on the Acadia forum for input since theres members there with filters.
but heres the thread...
with pics on what I noticed-

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=8573.msg131700

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
well ill check on it when im home tonight.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
jwhjr said:
My 04 Silverado doesn't have one, and our 99 Suburban didn't have one either.
****, surely my silverado isn't that special. :eek: I should have taken pictures a couple of weeks ago when I had to replace the blower motor resistor, and lube the blower motor for the 2nd. time since I've owned it. I cleaned the filters ( 2, they sit side by side ) and they didn't look to bad, but might change anyways in the spring.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Well my 2011 traverse has it. I just shined my flashlight in and push down on the tabs and slid it out and it was a grey filter. I will get pics this weekend but I have the black part and I pushed down on the tabs and the filter is there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just checked my '11 1LT - no filter.
My last car did have one, so I'll have to see if I can tell a difference over time. It gets pretty dusty in Arizona...

·
Registered
718 Posts
GXPWeasel said:
****, surely my silverado isn't that special. :eek: I should have taken pictures a couple of weeks ago when I had to replace the blower motor resistor, and lube the blower motor for the 2nd. time since I've owned it. I cleaned the filters ( 2, they sit side by side ) and they didn't look to bad, but might change anyways in the spring.
The 99 NBS or 00 to 03's had a cabin filter, not the 04's. Kind of like in 04 where they put the fuel filter in the tank vs. one that you can change.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts