Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 with 188K miles. It passed emissions last year but not this year. The mechanic says it's most likely a timing chain issue. It drives fine but doesn't have a lot of get up and go. When I start it the engine sounds a bit like a diesel engine for the first few seconds. Sometimes when I turn I hear a weird noise and if it's in cruise control at a certain point it will vibrate a little till I either slow down or speed up.

Is it worth fixing? I put it for sale and people are only offering me 2500. The body and interior are good and I hate to just give it up but if these things are sign of more problems coming then maybe I need to get rid of it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Start with a scan for codes. Yes, these vehicles have timing chain issues (the one in mine went, and the engine was replaced under warranty), but if no codes are up yet I don't think it is the chain. Many places will scan your codes for free if you don't have a friend with a scanner. There are so many other things that could cause a lack of power.

When was the last time the spark plugs were changed? Air filter? Is there oil in the air intake? You need to post a lot more information to know where to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts