Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
2011 cranks but will not start. Sounds like it might but doesn’t. Checked the fuse for the fuel pump. Borrowed fuel pressure gauge from Autozone. Didn’t get any pressure. Hope I was doing it right. Checked wiring connection directly below drivers seat. Seemed like it was seated correctly. Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition to on? Even laying under the tank I hear nothing.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
376 Posts
You should hear the pump run for a few seconds when turning the key on. Have a helper turn the key on while your under the tank. If you don't hear the pump run give the tank a hard smack when helper turns the key on, I was able to get my sisters Malibu running like that to get it 50 miles to my house to replace the pump without paying for a tow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should hear the pump run for a few seconds when turning the key on. Have a helper turn the key on while your under the tank. If you don't hear the pump run give the tank a hard smack when helper turns the key on, I was able to get my sisters Malibu running like that to get it 50 miles to my house to replace the pump without paying for a tow.
I had someone turn the key while I was under there. Heard nothing. I’ll try the hard smack.
Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had same problem several weeks ago found out the fuel pump went out. Also the traverse has a fuel control module that also went out, you can replace module yourself but it has to be reprogrammed at a repair shop or suv still wont start. $350 for module and programming. Now traverse runs like new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had same problem several weeks ago found out the fuel pump went out. Also the traverse has a fuel control module that also went out, you can replace module yourself but it has to be reprogrammed at a repair shop or suv still wont start. $350 for module and programming. Now traverse runs like new.
Got the fuel tank out finally. Snapped all 3 bolts on hangars. That will be fun later. How did you know control module was bad? Throw a code?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts