Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 times in the past 3 months the driver side rear (passenger) window on my 2011 Traverse goes down on its own while driving. Each time I was driving over a transition (small bump) in the road at low to moderate speeds. As soon as the rear wheels hit the bump, the window goes down and I am unable to get it back up. I have had the actuator replaced twice. Anyone else have this experience or know what causes it?

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Hey DawnG,

I've moved your thread over to the Tech section where it is more appropriate and you'll get more responses there. Please post in the Feedback/Questions/Problems section for anything related to your account and/or the forums itself. All other inquiries/posts about your Traverse should be posted in the relevant section.

Good luck with your window issues.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Like mentioned--

water in the door connectors/plugs.

After checking that-- Id check the window switch for water intrusion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had a similar problem. The window goes down by itself but I can not get it to go back up. Was there a resolution to this issue?

·
Registered
772 Posts
There have been a few posts on this, no answers back to tell us if our recommendations worked. The theory is that the switch is bad on the drivers door. Take it apart and clean it or replace it. If it happens while the rear controls are locked out from the drivers override, then maybe the rear switch is bad and needs cleaning and or replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts