Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 traverse that has had many issues! The latest being that the traction control off/service stabilitrack light comes on, after I start driving. When I start it, the message is not there and no check engine light. When I start driving is when the lights come on as well as the ABS light. It has a new abs sensor, as the old one was busted off by the mechanic that was fixing my timing chains. He also broke one of my front axles which Has also been replaced. Any idea what could be causing those lights? This thing has been a headache since day one!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
There are many things that give you this message. You need to put a code reader on it and see what it says. Most auto parts stores will do it for you if you don't have a reader.

I'd say your mechanic probably has a reader, but based on your post, it sounds like it may be time for a new mechanic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got this issue from two different problems.....
1. Dirty wheel speed sensors, pull them out and clean them off and use air to blow crud out of the hole.
2. Brake light switch on the pedal was sticking and tricked the computer into thinking I was driving with my foot on the brake and would cause loss of cruse control and service traction control/stabilitrac error.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 traverse that has had many issues! The latest being that the traction control off/service stabilitrack light comes on, after I start driving. When I start it, the message is not there and no check engine light. When I start driving is when the lights come on as well as the ABS light. It has a new abs sensor, as the old one was busted off by the mechanic that was fixing my timing chains. He also broke one of my front axles which Has also been replaced. Any idea what could be causing those lights? This thing has been a headache since day one!
Check your brake fluid level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts