Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AC blows cold with no problem but started to notice the rear AC barely blows out of the vents and the my kids started asking me to to turn the ac on full blast because they were hot and sweating. And then I noticed that it sounded like the ac was on full blast inside the rear side panel so after some internet research I ended up finding a few you tube videos where others had the same problem with air barely blowing out of vents and after taking the panel down they found that the tube had started to come off so the air was blowing into the side panel instead full force out the vents. So I had a mechanic take the side panel off and seem to be nothing that was loose and became disconnected so they thought maybe the actuator was bad so changed that out $240 later and that wasn’t even the problem so now I’m back to beginning of trying to figure out why the rear ac is barely coming out of vents without having to go through everything costing me $$$$$ which I don’t have . So if someone can please help me figure this out

·
Registered
2015 Traverse LT AWD
306 Posts
Thank you for trying to help but he is talking about the front ac . My front works just fine it’s the back ac that runs off its own system which is the problem blows really cold but barely comes out vents in the ceiling .
Do you have an AC control console behind the front seats? I can control the rear AC from the front panel, but only the temperature and fan speed. The rear control console controls the air flow directions. The other day I could not feel any air coming out of the ceiling vents. After I stopped the vehicle I checked the control console at the back. The air direction was set to floor mode. I guess it is meant for heat more than cool air. I pushed the button and cycle the mode back to vent and cold air came out of the vents in the ceiling.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Im wondering if air flow is restricted over the condenser.
That is air is being blocked... by buildup over the fins.
Dust, doggy hair?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have an AC control console behind the front seats? I can control the rear AC from the front panel, but only the temperature and fan speed. The rear control console controls the air flow directions. The other day I could not feel any air coming out of the ceiling vents. After I stopped the vehicle I checked the control console at the back. The air direction was set to floor mode. I guess it is meant for heat more than cool air. I pushed the button and cycle the mode back to vent and cold air came out of the vents in the ceiling.
Yes it was set to blow out the ceiling vents turned all the way up and barely blows out of them . And even changed out the actuator in the back right side panel when that wasn’t even the problem .

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im wondering if air flow is restricted over the condenser.
That is air is being blocked... by buildup over the fins.
Dust, doggy hair?
Ya know the owners before me must of had a dog because when we took the back panel
Off to access the actuator under the seat parts where you can’t get too with the vacuum there was a ton of dog hair so maybe that could be the problem . Now I have to find out where the condenser is

1 - 10 of 10 Posts