Traverse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2011 Traverse & the radio has started losing signal - both regular AM/FM stations (just static) and XM signals - it goes in & out with no pattern that we can determine. I did have a cracked windshield, and just had it replaced (thinking that was affecting it) - but that did not correct the problem. Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The antenna is on the back roof. It comes down and connects to the XM module in the back compartment by the Jack.

So that can be checked.

The other posibility is the Antenna is loose in the back of the radio.

You would have to bull the bezel and check the connectors on the radio .

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Hi ktjenn!

Please let me know if you would like to visit your dealership for a diagnosis. I would be happy to help in scheduling an appointment for you.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

ktjenn said:
We have a 2011 Traverse & the radio has started losing signal - both regular AM/FM stations (just static) and XM signals - it goes in & out with no pattern that we can determine. I did have a cracked windshield, and just had it replaced (thinking that was affecting it) - but that did not correct the problem. Any ideas??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Let me know what you find out about this. I have had this problem for 2 years and the dealer can't figure it out. GM says "if we ever have a fix for it, we will let you know". Nice.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Hi jcbecker28,

Have you previously spoken with a Customer Service representative regarding the issue? If you could provide me with the case number you were given, I can review your case for you. If you do not have a case number, I would be happy speak with your dealership. You may send us a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of involved dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

jcbecker28 said:
Let me know what you find out about this. I have had this problem for 2 years and the dealer can't figure it out. GM says "if we ever have a fix for it, we will let you know". Nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Strange I lose signal from time to time on XM when I am traveling east to west or west to east when there are trees or buildings taller then 3 stories. Happen on my 2009 silverado also.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Max2248 said:
Strange I lose signal from time to time on XM when I am traveling east to west or west to east when there are trees or buildings taller then 3 stories. Happen on my 2009 silverado also.
The XM is still based off of a line of sight antenna so obstructions affect the signal.

Now if XM cared and would user a larger buffering factor then they currently do and this would happen allot less.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BigBlackTraverse said:
The XM is still based off of a line of sight antenna so obstructions affect the signal.

Now if XM cared and would user a larger buffering factor then they currently do and this would happen allot less.
This also happens in my 2013 Traverse. I love signal from time to time on XM Radio. I could be on a wide open
freeway with no trees or buildings around and it will cut out. Never happened on any of my previous vehicles with XM/Satellite Radio (VW, Audi, etc)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had this happen on my 05 Montana SV6, signal would cut out for 30 seconds or more and come back.
Dealer had a company called Mass Electronics which these guy are mobile, (out here in Ontario) they checked it out, cause dealer could not duplicate problem.
Turned out the head unit would heat up and shut off with the display not turning off, so it was internal. The unit was replaced and has been working fine so far.
Maybe its a similar problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 Traverse w/ similar problem. AM is fine, XM is fine but FM only works when the car is OFF. Once I turn on the car, FM signal goes very bad like it doesn't une in at all...

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Chevy Traverse AM/FM radio not working

My AM/FM radio is not working. When car is on you only hear static. The XM works great. What is the problem and/or how can it be fixed.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
is the antenna on the car still screwed on----

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I just bought a 2012 obviously used, radio cuts out in AUX. Will the dealership cover this?
Not sure what you mean by "radio cuts out in AUX." In Aux, the "radio" doesn't work. You have to plug something "such as iPod®, laptop computers, MP3 players, CD changers, USB storage device, etc." into the USB port. See page 1-18 and 7-34 in your owners manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone find a remedy to this? My GM dealer said I needed a new alternator because it was producing too much voltage. I replaced the alternator and the problem still exists. The AM/FM and XM all work when the car is in axillary (not turned on all the way), once I turn the car over to start it the FM and XM go to static, AM continues to work fine.

I already replaced the radio and that did not fix the problem either. Is there a board in the dash or in the back of the truck that could be an issue? Is there a way to test? If so, where and how do I get to the board? I believe there is a board in the back of the truck where the jack storage is.

At a loss and do not want to put much more money at this, just guessing what will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jlapl.. I replaced the antenna base module on the outside of the car . I think it may have got damage from a car wash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2012 traverse, radio hasn't worked in years, they wanted to replace whole system for too much, I have a feeling it's just the antenna though, the am works back up camera and aux...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts