Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my dealer does not yet stock the PF63 fiilter I ordered a dozen on-line. These would last me forever. If anyone is interested in buying half of them please PM and let me know. They will be about $6 or $7 each shipped I would guess.

Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone on the forums bought four of them. I've used one. So I am down to seven. I would still sell three or four if anyone is interested.

A

·
0 Posts
zman said:
Someone on the forums bought four of them. I've used one. So I am down to seven. I would still sell three or four if anyone is interested.
-a little off topic-

I wonder if these would fit my non DI 07 Acadia engine ???

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume so. My 2011 came with the PF48 from the factory even though the replacement is the PF63. The 63 is slightly longer than the 48 but I think it would have fit my 2008, although I never tried.

The threads are identical.

A

·
0 Posts
zman said:
I assume so. My 2011 came with the PF48 from the factory even though the replacement is the PF63. The 63 is slightly longer than the 48 but I think it would have fit my 2008, although I never tried.

The threads are identical.
I threw the question out to the BITOG forum; so let's see what they come up with

A

·
0 Posts
Well one member on BITOG seems to think the PF63 will fit my 07

·
Registered
994 Posts
AA/78U said:
Well one member on BITOG seems to think the PF63 will fit my 07
If you currently use a PF48 then you can use a PF63 i.e. it will physically fit.

A

·
0 Posts
copperbeech said:
If you currently use a PF48 then you can use a PF63 i.e. it will physically fit.
Was that you who responded? What are your opinions about using this filter on my 07

·
Registered
994 Posts
AA/78U said:
What are your opinions about using this filter on my 07
The prevailing thought is that, all else being equal, more filter is better than less. I guess the only slight concern is whether other filter specs such as bypass pressure etc are consistent. Having said that I do plan to use the 63 in my 09 Traverse this spring.

A

·
0 Posts
Those are my thoughts as well; more filter area means cleaner oil at change time and less junk inside the engine. I guess I need to buy one and use it

A

·
0 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
On BITOG there is a post that thte PF63 has a lower PSI bypass in in....wonder why?
I read that as well; I would think the PF48 would have the lower PSI bypass since it's a physically smaller filter than the PF63

·
Registered
718 Posts
zman said:
PM'd you. I'm interested if you have any left.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts