Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been in the 2011 Traverse about 48 hours now. I had a preview about two weeks ago when my rental vehicle was a Traverse LTZ. So, I was kind of soaking in some of the surroundings.
Coming from the Equinox, I can feel the size of the vehicle being larger. But not so big that I have to be mindful of every maneuver of the vehicle. The kids liked the increase in the back and the Captains chairs. The DVD is also a welcome option, too.
I am still getting used to the initial launch versus the Equinox. The throttle seems to have a hair delay. The Equinox was 4 cyl. It had great throttle response.

Overall, it seems to be assembled well and the fit finish are very tight.

A few disappointments-
Sunroofs are covered by a thin shade of cloth material that allows some light through and does not completely cover the Glass opening. The only advantage to this so far is that the Sun roof can be open with the shade pulled closed to block the wind buffeting.

Radio- Why does GM not give a seek button on the steering wheel for all bands. You can only seek on the Favorites that you program. I drive away from my area enough that I want seek on AM/FM and surf XM with the Wheel controls. If you know how to set this up, please tell me. :banghead:

No Cargo net for the back.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Cargo nets are available.
You have to order the net when you place your order.
Or Buy a net when you buy a unit on the lot. (they may stock them at the parts counter).

Or you can buy a net on ebay or many of the gm parts sites.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The button on the steering wheel below 'source' will seek but only 'up', no button for 'seek down' on the wheel that I know of.

·
Registered
186 Posts
wmrodie -- i feel your pain with the cheesy sunroof shade...i have a 2010 with the sunroof, and i have stated before in this forum how i felt chevy really cheaped out in that department ............BTW, welcome to the forum!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS. I found the radio advance button.
Also, just completed a 2000 miles trip to ATL from DFW and back. The Traverse performed very well. Almost 19 mpg with an average speed in the 60's. There was plenty of room for me, the wife, our 2 boys,and all of our stuff for a week. The DVD and separate sound system keeps everyone entertained while motoring.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just a teeny bit off topic, but...
I also just got back from a trip - Phoenix to Las Vegas and back, which included lots of hills, plus some around town driving (in Vegas). My average for the entire trip was 21.8 mpg. I had a brief moment of 21.9, right before I climbed the last grade, but that didn't last long :-(
I am very happy with this... I've still only got about 1800 miles on the odometer, so I'm expecting the mileage to improve slightly as it gets more broken in.
Next spring I'll go from Phoenix to Nebraska and back - I almost am looking forward to the trip just to see how the Traverse does for milage on that long of a journey!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts