Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this traverse in February of this year. I had no idea what it was when I bought it. I just needed 3rd row to haul my people around. But it was optioned out extremely well. Factory tow package, lsd in the rear, and plenty of space. Just doesn鈥檛 have any extra options. Not even rear door speakers 馃攰. But it鈥檚 got the tow package and definitely can. This rig here weights in at 3500 lbs dry and doesn鈥檛 cause but 1-1/2 of droop in the rear. We bought an equalizer and Bluetooth brake controller. You can tell the trailer is there and I lose some mpg but it doesn鈥檛 struggle or hunt for gears. Question is, does anyone use their Lambda platform for dunes or ORV parks? Just curious if the only place they get driven off-road is in Dubai?
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are not off-road vehicles. Gravel roads are about the limit.

You said you needed 3 rows to haul people around. If you are filling the vehicle with people (and their stuff) while towing that trailer, you're very likely over it's limits. You might want to load it for camping (i.e., people and stuff) and go have it weighed.
I鈥檝e got 100 lbs to spare.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which code signified rear LSD? I know in the pickup world G80 is the automatic locker but I'm not familiar which code signifies LSD. Have you jacked the rear up and done the wheel spinning test to make sure?

Yes, should be fine in those areas staying on the hard pack. If you look underneath the HVAC lines, break lines, wiring, etc. are all just hung off the bottom rather than tucked into a nook or protected like they are on more "purpose built" vehicles. For instance, our '15 Pilot is of the '09-'15 generation Pilot and Honda designed them to be more capable off road, things are tucked up and out of the way to increase clearance and minimize damage risk. Not saying it's a great off road vehicle, but it's clear to me crawling under them which one considered protecting those items.
G80 is the LSD code on the Traverse. The positrack code is G81 on the pickups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts