Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Traverse LT FWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my mother has a 2010 Traverse and the other day she drove it to the grocery store and when she came out it would not start. The car did not even try to crank over but everything electrical worked and the battery was getting around 12 volts. After a few tries she noticed a burning smell and stopped. I came by a few minute later with jumper cables to try and see if that would get it to start even though I had just replaced the battery in it less than a month prior. I let it sit and charge for about 10 minutes and had her try and start it while it was still hooked up. The car started to slightly crank over but it quickly stopped and it was mostly silent, I had her try a few more times and it did not even try to crank over during those attempts, then I started to notice the burning smell and we decided to get home and put away the groceries and think about it for a minute. My father then says that he should try to jump it with his car because it is a larger vehicle compared to my hatchback that has a higher amperage alternator. We went back and tried and to nobody's surprise it didn't do anything different. We let it charge a little bit longer and then it started to crank over a bit more than before but it did not get it to start. Eventually it was back to how it was before and then that is when the burning smell returned and I noticed a small amount of smoke coming from the engine bay. (I will attach the photos of where I saw the smoke from) Now we had the car towed to a shop not far from us and they mechanic is backed up on other jobs currently it may be a few weeks until we hear anything, luckily I am currently not working so I am letting my mother use my car for the time being. Sorry for the long post, I appreciate it if you did read all of this and decide to give any input you may have on our current issue, thanks.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Trunk Vehicle door

Cloud Tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Automotive lighting Font Gas Vehicle door Electric blue

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
If im not mistaken, theres a ground bolt and cables in that area.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Traverse LT FWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: We just picked up the car today it was a fried starter and a blown PCM fuse as well. It also now has a vaccum leak but it still starts up with a little throttle input when cranking it over. Thanks for the input everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts