Traverse Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Mission accomplished. The procedure was very straight forward.

I didn't remove the base of the airbox, just the top portion, the accordion tube that connects to the engine and the big plastic thing that connects to the airbox. I also removed the driver's side tire and front wheel well liner.

The TEHCM removal took about 2 hours. I did stop to watch a YouTube video to see how to unclip the green connector on the bottom of the TEHCM.

One I had the module out, 3 out of 4 laminate discs were ruptured. Removal of the seals and discs was easy.

On installation, it took me 3-4 attempts to get the first seal to seat properly. After all the seals were in, I wasn't quite sure if it was right, since it didn't look exactly like the pictures in the instructions, so back to YouTube to see how everyone else's looked. My seals were definitely seated, so I decided to go with it. The seal install took me about 30 minutes to do, but I spent about 45 minutes on top of that examining Youtube videos.

Reinstallation went very smoothly. All the bolts threaded in easily by hand. I installed 2 new gaskets, one on the TEHCM cover and one for the wiring harness.

Total cost:

Sonnax Kit $55 (Amazon)
AC Delco Dexron IV (5 quart jug) $26 (local GM dealer)
AC Delco Gaskets $18 (local GM dealer)
Torque Wrench $30 (Princess Auto)

Total Cost: $129 Canadian ($103 USD)

20210430_141832.jpg

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
thank you for the update.
Did you noticed the shifts improve on 1st drive?
Or-
like me- couple cold engine starts and 80 something miles... (i guess while trans relearned)

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Immediate improvement. The shifts are smooth and engage quicker than before. I don't think shifting into D is as fast yet as it used to be, but shifting into R is back to normal.

BTW, Rbarrios I send you a PM, but you can ignore it now. I was looking for your input on the install, but I went ahead and reinstalled it.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
quantum- Im sorry. I dont see a PM message.....

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
darn--- I just went looking-- there a bunch of PM's....
so sorry-

other sites-- give you a pop up-- that you have messages..//

Reactions: quantum
41 - 45 of 45 Posts