Traverse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
You have to remove the plug at the TECHM to remove it.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Well, I can tell you that my main symptom was delayed shift engagement from Part to Drive. up to 3 seconds to feel the engagement.
Also felt like I was bumped in the rear (by a car) when I came to a fast stop... Enough that Id look in the mirror to see if a car was behind me.
I believe I also felt some delayed shifts in other gears.
I never got any set or pending codes. I Must have caught it early before it got bad. but my discs were definitely torn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I can tell you that my main symptom was delayed shift engagement from Part to Drive. up to 3 seconds to feel the engagement.
Also felt like I was bumped in the rear (by a car) when I came to a fast stop... Enough that Id look in the mirror to see if a car was behind me.
I believe I also felt some delayed shifts in other gears.
I never got any set or pending codes. I Must have caught it early before it got bad. but my discs were definitely torn.

I'm having those same issues also. Thank you so much for the help. I hope to tackle this issue within a week or two.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
should say from PARK to Drive..

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
you can see that the external plug-- connects to this connector on the TECHM. you have to disconnect it to get this out.
Note the orange rubber seal.
I Bought a new one of those- along with the seal for the TECHM.

This is a picture I used-- where as I removed the bolts from techm-- i placed them into the cardboard/picture.
that way I knew where it went.. (they are different lenght, and bolt head sizes). if you dont do this-- good look spending alot of time figuring out where each one goes..

Note how I have the length in mm.
I also have the socket size needed for the bolt.
I also have the sequence in which it has to be reinstalled so that it seats properly.
THey also have to be torqued.

Theres a thread-- HOW TO TECHM with much more info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you can see that the external plug-- connects to this connector on the TECHM. you have to disconnect it to get this out.
Note the orange rubber seal.
I Bought a new one of those- along with the seal for the TECHM.

This is a picture I used-- where as I removed the bolts from techm-- i placed them into the cardboard/picture.
that way I knew where it went.. (they are different lenght, and bolt head sizes). if you dont do this-- good look spending alot of time figuring out where each one goes..

Note how I have the length in mm.
I also have the socket size needed for the bolt.
I also have the sequence in which it has to be reinstalled so that it seats properly.
THey also have to be torqued.

Theres a thread-- HOW TO TECHM with much more info.

Ok thank you. I do have a 1/4 drive torque wrench and I will for sure be using the cardboard to hold the bolts. Probably be best to get an alldata subscription for this. Are the torque specs in inches?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
yes, inches.
I bought a in/lb torque wrench to do this job.

(actually used the torque wrench again on Saturday- 89 in/lb, to replace the water pump in our 3.6 Nox).

By the way- I didnt get Alldata subscription.
I got all the info I needed from reading the HOW TO post... picking up hints from others who have done it- and got all the specs from the thread and watching some You tube videos.

here is the post. I read through all of it.
Wrote down specs etc.
My posts are on page 6.

this is the tq wrench I bought. Really nice quality too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to attempt a pressure switch replace this coming weekend.
I have a 2010 gmc terrain.
v6 3.0.
6t70 6 speed.

The procedure looks pretty straightforward, these forum posts are a huge help.
I'm just a little confused. The alldatadiy says I must replace the solenoid filter plate, but I can not find the part number. There are 2 different versions and neither of them say that they fit my vehicle.
So I guess I'm asking do I need to replace this or to just ignore alldata?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
i dont know what that part is-- and I replaced my disc... you have a picture of the part... filter plate...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Attached a picture. The filter plate is circled. Basically, it is a plate with screens over the fluid passages.

I just did my pressure switch discs last night. I bought the ATSG Tech service manual. It also says to replace the filter plate but I can't find a part number for it. After having mine out, the only reason to replace the plate that I can see is because the filter plate has an integrated seal. Kinda like an LS/ Vortec Cam retainer plate if you are familiar with those. The seal is rubber so unless it is damaged, I would not be concerned about it. If I were doing it over, I would have replaced the TECHEM to cover seal and the cover seal because they are pretty cheap. But I didn't have it on hand and parts stores don't either so I reused the original. Followed the torque pattern and specs,, drove over 100 miles today, no leaks. (Knock on wood)

On another note, I also recommend using a good ratcheting torque wrench. Either click style or digital that beeps. I only had a non ratcheting, click style torque wrench with a 6 point socket. By the end of the job, I'm pretty sure that my wrist is calibrated to 104 in/lbs with a 4 in long 1/4 drive ratchet. Just enough to allow for the torque wrench to turn an additional 2 in/lbs. Very frustrating to turn it with the torque wrench to the extent you can move it with out enough room to get another bite to turn it further. Switch back to the ratchet, turn it 2 degrees, then put the torque wrench back. Would have finished in 4 hours with a ratcheting torque wrench. Instead it took me 5. I did walk away for 20 minutes to have a long conversation with myself about how I will torture the engineers that designed the Traverse if I ever meet them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Lineman27016, That answers my question. Because I also was having trouble finding a part number that would fit my vehicle. Hopefully mine is in good shape and I do not need to replace my filter plate either. I already have both the connector seal and cover seal they were cheap so I opted to order them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to attempt a pressure switch replace this coming weekend.
I have a 2010 gmc terrain.
v6 3.0.
6t70 6 speed.

The procedure looks pretty straightforward, these forum posts are a huge help.
I'm just a little confused. The alldatadiy says I must replace the solenoid filter plate, but I can not find the part number. There are 2 different versions and neither of them say that they fit my vehicle.
So I guess I'm asking do I need to replace this or to just ignore alldata?
I have successfully completed the pressure switch replacement on my 2010 GMC Terrain with 6t70 transmission.
I am new when it comes to car repair and I completed the procedure in about 7 hours following all the helpful advice and recommendations from the Alldata and this forum disscussion.
How To: Replace a TEHCM (TCM) Transmission Module (P0752)

P.s. I highly recommend following rbarrios's post on page 6, he has a helpful diagram of bolt locations and the torque sequence.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
My 2010 Traverse has fallen victim to the TEHCM failure. I believe it to be the laminated discs, as it works most of the time (every time on cold starts), but after some warm restarts (ie. grocery shopping) sometimes the Traverse is stuck in 2nd gear. Pulling over, putting the transmission in PARK and then back in drive resolves the issue.

I have read through the Acadia forum thread, printed out the photo that rbarrios put up with the torque sequence and the bolt locations. I read the to torque the bolts to 106 lb-in, so I had to buy a new torque wrench from out local tool supply store ($30). The only thing I didn't read was, what is the torque on the bolts for the cover?

I hoping to tackle this project this weekend. COVID has the kids in homeschooling mode right now, so the car doesn't get used much right now, so being down 2 days without it shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm, darn. I dont recall what that value was... ill see if I can dig it up

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I looked over the TECHM Thread. didnt see the spec.
Wonder if you should post the question on that thread.
i cant find an answer for you.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I did find a video now--
@7:25, he says they have a metal sleeve- so you cant crush it- snug is fine
he also said he could not find tq specs.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
As usual, thanks for the information!

I'm going to put the Traverse in my shop and let the transmission start draining.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts