Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Chevy dealership has several Traverse demos for sale, and my husband and I are thinking of trying to make a deal on one of them. We don't know, however, how much we should expect to pay, so any advice is greatly appreciated. :)
Both models have dvd, sunroof/moonroof, navigation, rear camera, leather seats, etc. The first model has an msrp of $45,210 and has 2,200 miles. The second has an msrp of $44,710 and has just under 6,000 miles. The only difference we noted between the two models, was the placement of the usb- in the $45,210 model, it was more accessible.
I would really like to get an idea of how much we might be able to talk them down. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this helps you or not but we recently purchased a certified used 2010 traverse 2lt package with 7500 miles on it. Msrp was 36500 and we got it for 29k. No nav or DVD. Good luck

·
Registered
139 Posts
Veronica, :welcome:

The prices that you listed, are those the original sticker price or what the dealer is asking? I would start 5K below THEIR asking price not orignal MSRP. I say this because I just got back home from our local Chevy dealer and they had a 2011 TRAVERSE LTZ AWD WDT on the lot with EVERY option for 46K. So unless you really want a 2010 then go get your best deal and let them know you'll walk if it's not where you want it to be, they will bend because they have to get the 2010's off the lot. If it was me, I would haggle on a 2011. JMHO. Good luck :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Right now in Canada they are offering GM Employee pricing on all 2010 and 2011 models. That means for a BRAND NEW 2010 LTZ, they are discounting it $7000!

My guess is that you should be aiming for 15% off msrp PLUS rebates/incentives.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Veronica said:
The local Chevy dealership has several Traverse demos for sale, and my husband and I are thinking of trying to make a deal on one of them. We don't know, however, how much we should expect to pay, so any advice is greatly appreciated. :)
Both models have dvd, sunroof/moonroof, navigation, rear camera, leather seats, etc. The first model has an msrp of $45,210 and has 2,200 miles. The second has an msrp of $44,710 and has just under 6,000 miles. The only difference we noted between the two models, was the placement of the usb- in the $45,210 model, it was more accessible.
I would really like to get an idea of how much we might be able to talk them down. Thanks!
Probably 1,000 under dealer invoice, maybe 1500. But if there are 2011 in the lot, you have more of bargaining chip. Invoice on this car is probably 41100 I think. (That's what mine was) I went in about 1300 under invoice for a dealer demo.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ask for documentation that they are really demo units. I learned the hard way. Check all body panels and see if any were worked on. Be sure that all the colors are exactly the same.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lots of dealers have demos that are driven by big shots at the dealer, the owner, sales manager, top salesman etc. With that many miles I would suspect that some of these are such vehicles.

I bought a loaded (with every option) GMC Sierra SLT Z71 E. Cab 4WD like that a few yeas back. It had 2,000 miles and I paid 1500 below invoice and they gave me the invoice. The president of the dealership had driven it exclusively and it was flawless. IMO a demo should sell for at least invoice. The dealers get an allowance for demo's so anything above invoice is gravy for them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the information, I think I'm getting a better picture of things. :)
We received an offer for the $45,210 LTZ with 2,200 miles - $39,829. The dealer said we could still qualify for other incentives (like $1,000 off for owning a Toyota, which we do). Is this a good offer? Am I crazy for thinking I can get this Traverse demo for $38,000 or $39,000 out the door?

I should also mention, that we received a quote from another dealership on another 2010 LTZ with the same options (navigation system, dvd, sunroof, back up camera) with an MSRP of $44,175 for $40,493.96 (not including the $1,000 off for the Toyota).

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Am I crazy for thinking I can get this Traverse demo for $38,000 or $39,0000 out the door?

If by "out the door" you mean all fees for taxes, plates, title, etc being included in your 38 or 39 final price, yes, I think you are crazy! ;)

Hey, its a demo, not a salvage rebuilt car. It has 2200 miles which I don't even think go towards your warranty. You'll be getting the full warranty with the 2200 miles added to it.

We purchased a new 2010 LTZ with almost every option (MSRP 44345.00) for 41659.00 at the end of May. If it had been a demo with 2200 miles, I think another 1000.00 to 1500.00 would have been fair. That purchase price was before any incentives or GM credit card rebate. Since we took the 0% finance, we could only take the credit card rebate. No other conquest monies at that time that we were eligible for.

Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah, thats a crazy price out the door. But go for it. My dealer demo came from a really small dealer in California. The wife of the owner drove it for the miles they had it. I had another dealer that had a LTZ with 6k demo.. wife used it for those miles, but they wanted too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone for all the help. We ended up making a deal on the demo for $41,000 out the door. We had a trade in for $2,500 so total was $38,500. This wasn't as good a price as I was hoping (dreaming) but my husband and I aren't very comfortable with/good at the haggle process. We are having fun learning all the features and the family loves the car. So all in all, we're happy. Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
cool and have fun learning all the buttons

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
The main thing is that you guys are HAPPY! Glad that you joined the Traverse club! If you find out any neat little tricks let us know!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts