Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Traverse LTZ
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Traverse has the typical issue where the drivers side blows cold air like it should and the passenger side blows hot.
Our car is the LTZ and has the dual climate control. I figured it was the blend door actuator and replaced it to no avail. I thought if it is not the actuator It has to be the control module. I purchased a control module it still does the same thing. I tried to recalibrate the system by pulling the battery fuses, but alas nothing changed.
With my wife starting the car and my head under the dash to watch, I notice that both actuators cycle through the range of motion before the blend door goes back to Hot and stays there. If I take a screw driver and gently push it to the cold side the actuator promptly returns to the Hot position. Does anyone know what is going on? This is baffling me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you have a friend with a good scan tool (or a repair shop) you can see the actual and commanded position of the actuators.

You could try this. Leave the actuator in place, just disconnect the connector. Then start the vehicle. The control module will sense that the actuator is absent (disconnected). After a couple minutes, shut the vehicle off. Then reconnect the actuator. When you turn the vehicle on (do not touch the temperature controls), it should automatically reset the actuator and recalibrate. Note what happens.

·
Registered
115 Posts
BTW, there is a driver's side actuator as well that is not by the glove box, but you probably already knew that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing, '15 LTZ. I found that the freon was low and the computer would default the cool air to the driver's side. When I brought the freon level up the situation resulted to normal. My charge had not gotten low enough to trigger the "three AC blinks and then off" indication.

·
Registered
2010 Traverse LTZ
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was doing the same thing, '15 LTZ. I found that the freon was low and the computer would default the cool air to the driver's side. When I brought the freon level up the situation resulted to normal. My charge had not gotten low enough to trigger the "three AC blinks and then off" indication.
Man our AC blows pretty cold. Was yours still blowing cold cold? Great tip...I had not thought that would be an issue!
Did they fix the leak or just fill it with freon.

·
Registered
2010 Traverse LTZ
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, there is a driver's side actuator as well that is not by the glove box, but you probably already knew that.
I did know that. I am making the assumption the drivers side would effect only that side. If I manually turn the passenger one it blows cold just like it should. I just cannot get the controls to make it switch like it should.

·
Registered
2010 Traverse LTZ
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have a friend with a good scan tool (or a repair shop) you can see the actual and commanded position of the actuators.

You could try this. Leave the actuator in place, just disconnect the connector. Then start the vehicle. The control module will sense that the actuator is absent (disconnected). After a couple minutes, shut the vehicle off. Then reconnect the actuator. When you turn the vehicle on (do not touch the temperature controls), it should automatically reset the actuator and recalibrate. Note what happens.
I assume that the scan tool that you can use from an autoparts store is inadequate for this purpose?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man our AC blows pretty cold. Was yours still blowing cold cold? Great tip...I had not thought that would be an issue!
Did they fix the leak or just fill it with freon.
I have the typical pinhole leak in the rear evaporator. Every spring I add a few ounces of freon to bring it back to spec. I've been doing it for three years now without any ill effects. I'm too lazy and cheap to have the evaporator fixed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Might want to try this;

Interdynamics C PRO Super Sea

Had a leak in the evaporator of my 01 Dodge 2500 diesel. Dealership wanted $1000 to fix, that was over 10 years ago.

Put a can of this in, still holding.

"If" you decide to use this product Follow the directions EXACTLY..... or,It will plug the ports.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts