Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2010 Chevy Traverse will downshift and rev up to about 7000 RPM unexpectedly while driving down the highway. It happens very intermittently but seemed to occur more often at bitter cold temperatures. We’re talking about 10 to 15 degrees below zero, which is not uncommon here in Minnesota. Also, the Check Engine light does not come on. Pulling over, stopping and shutting the ignition off and back on usually resets it.
Our mechanic replaced the O2 sensor just to try something while he was repairing other issues.
Don’t know what we should start replacing, maybe the MAP, speed sensor, or PCM (which would be quite expensive)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hmmm usually those cold temps bring out the Reduced Engine Power, stabilitrack, and Traction control messages. Pulling over shutting down usually defrosts the Throttle Body. Do you have any moisture in the air intake snorkel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response electbc. The problem also occurs in relatively warm temps, for Minnesota that is. I have not checked for moisture in the air intake, but I’m pretty sure my mechanic would have noticed if there was. We were getting the Reduced Engine Power, stabilitrack, and Traction control messages. Replacing the timing belt and gears corrected that issue.
I will be taking it back to my mechanic as soon as my daughter-in-law is willing to give it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts