Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Traverse LTZ
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new to me Traverse with a few minor issues (which made for a decent price).

The cargo area lights don’t turn on. I checked the continuity of the bulbs and they’re both fine (well one is no longer because I dropped it on the ground and the filament broke🤦‍♂️). I’m wondering if there’s a fuse that needs replaced? I can’t find anything in the manual about a fuse for that but I’m kind of at a loss.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I doubt it's the fuse or there would be more lights out. The fuse is in the fuse box behind the glove compartment. Here are the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
814 Posts
As you can see in the lower diagram, both rear hatch lamps are controlled by the BCM, the interior overhead and the hatch lights are in parallel, they dim simultaneously as well. There are two connectors for the rear hatch, one by the passenger seat, under the carpet, I believe and the other is near or inside the hatch itself. There was a guy on the Acadia forum whos lights didn't work at all, this was caused by the dealer performing the rear hatch recall and shorting the wire for the lighting so neither worked. Since you have no history on how your issue may have happened, you should find the connector in the front and check continuity all the way to the rear lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts