Traverse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some side steps to put on my new Traverse.
Other than knowing I do NOT want the built in GM flat molded type, I am not really sure what style will look good. I am thinking either a round or oval chrome rail with dark step pads.
Does anyone have any input/ideas?
What about some pics of different styles installed? It is so hard to figure out which ones will look good just from pics of the rails alone or on a different vehicle type.
I have been leaning toward the chrome because I think it will accent nicely with the door handles and give just a bit of extra flash to the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Saw the chrome GM ones yesterday at the dealership, though they looked pretty sharp. You may want to go over to the Acadia forum. I believe there are quite a few guys there with side steps, and I assume they fit the Traverse?! Have you looked through the picture share section of this site?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mike,

Although not a Traverse, here's my '09 Outlook with the factory steps added at the dealership, at the time of my deal.

Like you I felt not only a practical side to these steps, but also just enough added "bling".

These were taken last fall as I was heading out to the dragstrip.

Most women are on the shorter side, including my wife. She is glad we have them. For me, the factory steps help for the older folks as well as those real young ones as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mike,

I spoke to the salesman at my dealership, which said they would install the dealers side steps at dealers cost for $512 out the door.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I sold mine for $250. If you buy take offs from somebody make sure you get all the brackets that hold them on.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I have them and I love them could not image my traverse without them. The factory ones look great in my opioin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts