Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the 2010 Enclave, Acadia, and Traverse and we have narrowed our choice down to the Traverse.

My wife wants the leather cashmere interior, but we have not seen one yet. On the Enclave, the trim is a coco (brown) which looks good with the cashmere color. On the Acadia, the trim is a dark gray or black, and really does not go well with the cashmere in her opinion.

Anyone know what color trim comes in the Traverse with cashmere? We are looking at the LTZ option package, but I would think the trim color is the same on all packages with the cashmere.

When backing up, the demo unit we drove had the outside mirrors tilt down, but they tilted so much, I swear I saw the front wheels! Could not even see the cars parked on either side as I was backing into the space. Can the tilt be adjusted to a different degree of tilt and saved, or are they what they are?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I can only help you with the tilt mirrors. Here is a exerpt from the 2010 Owner's Manual

Park Tilt Mirrors
If the vehicle has the memory
package, the outside mirrors have a
park tilt feature. This feature tilts the
outside mirrors to a preselected
position when the vehicle is in
R (Reverse). This allows the driver
to view the curb for parallel parking.
The passenger and/or driver mirror
returns to its original position when
the vehicle is shifted out of
R (Reverse), or the ignition is turned
off or to OFF/LOCK.
This feature can be turned on or off
through the Driver Information
Center (DIC). See Vehicle
Personalization (With DIC Buttons)
on page 5‑40 for more information

Based on reading this, it seems to be factory set. Did you try more than one Traverse to see if it was the same?

You are going to really enjoy the Traverse.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Anything not Cashmere is Ebony, I own a LTZ with Cashmere and Ebony interior and I also work at a Chevy store.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If my 08 Enclave is any indicator Quantum is correct. It is preset and can not be adjusted - only turned on and off. I agree that it tilts too much so I have our passenger set to tilt and the drivers set not to. It is a decent compromise given the options.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything not Cashmere is Ebony

Are you saying that cashmere is not ebony trim? I was able to locate several white vehicles on line at local dealers, and all the cashmere interiors had ebony trim. Sounds like the only cashmere interior with coco trim is on the Buick Enclaves.

Too bad the mirrors can not be set for tilt angle. Not a deal breaker in any way. My wife's Rendezvous has the tilt feature, and they only tilt about 1/3 the amount the Traverse did and are just right for seeing downwards and still seeing surrounding objects. Of course, her mirrors are at least twice the size of whats on the Traverse. ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We found a White 2010 LTZ with the light gray leather interior and gray accents. We signed the paper work on it this evening, and will be picking it up Saturday. Thanks for taking the time and posting that picture, and thanks to all who helped with my questions.

I am sure I will be around with more questions, or at least hanging around learning whatever I can from this and the other Lambda forums.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My 09 doesn't have the mirror trick, but my Wife's Equinox does. we turned it off. Found it more annoying than helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts