Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009. When I got it I was told it needed new coils. It broke down two days later and would not run. It would start and idle rough but as soon as you pressed the gas it would stall. We have replaced the coils, spark plugs, fuel pump, acceleration pedal, and mass air flow sensor.
Now the car will only start if you’re pressing the gas in but won’t stay running. It stalls as soon as you let go of the gas.

some one please help. I’m tired of replacing the wrong parts.

·
Registered
896 Posts
First of all is there a Check Engine Light illuminated? How many Miles on it?
Get yourself a good bluetooth code reader for your smartphone, or tablet and check some vitals, especially fuel rail pressure and timing. I use Bluedriver but there are several out there. In the meantime, remove the VVT solenoids and clean the screens, see if they operate with a 9 V battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. I have someone coming today to check codes and do the vitals. I’ll have him recheck the throttle body. I keep thinking I need a new throttle body. But he keeps telling me it’s probably something with the fuel. The next things I was going to change was going to be the throttle body and the fuel flow control module. But I’m not sure if that would help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2009. When I got it I was told it needed new coils. It broke down two days later and would not run. It would start and idle rough but as soon as you pressed the gas it would stall. We have replaced the coils, spark plugs, fuel pump, acceleration pedal, and mass air flow sensor.
Now the car will only start if you’re pressing the gas in but won’t stay running. It stalls as soon as you let go of the gas.

some one please help. I’m tired of replacing the wrong parts.
I had very similar issues. They have four or six catalytic converters, believe it or not. Of course, every one of them had to be replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts