Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there! My 2009 traverse with over 100k miles will crank but not fire to start. Took it to the shop and they said it needed a new timing chain. Got that fixed and it still wouldn't start. So they said it was the fuel pump in the tank. They replaced that and the car still won't start. Got any ideas what else it could be? Anyone have anything similar happen?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Did they actually check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail? You have a second fuel pump, a high pressure pump, driven by the cam on the engine, check for pressure there. Do they read Fault any codes? Have you changed spark plugs? They should be replaced at 100K with OEM ones. Then you need to see if they are sparking and the injectors are sending fuel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did they actually check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail? You have a second fuel pump, a high pressure pump, driven by the cam on the engine, check for pressure there. Do they read Fault any codes? Have you changed spark plugs? They should be replaced at 100K with OEM ones. Then you need to see if they are sparking and the injectors are sending fuel.
Check the ruel pressure module the traverse has a module that has ro be programmed. You can xhange the tuel pump but if u dont change and program module it wont start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's the computer I bet
Most cars when u change fuel pump thats all u need to do , chevy added a fuel pump module that needs to be programmed for car to start. I ve changed several fuel pumps on various cars over the last 20 years never had this problem no start, crank but no start until ive owned the traverse. Just more $$ to spend at sealer if u dont kno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts