Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blob:

Anybody have a clunking noise in steering, justing backing 2009 Traverse out of the garage? After it warms up, I don't hear it. Power steering fluid is full. Anyone else have this problem? I noticed this in the last week. I have drove it 24,000 miles.

Thanks
Golfer

A

·
0 Posts
gary wixson said:
:blob:

Anybody have a clunking noise in steering, justing backing 2009 Traverse out of the garage? After it warms up, I don't hear it. Power steering fluid is full. Anyone else have this problem? I noticed this in the last week. I have drove it 24,000 miles.

Thanks
Golfer
Sounds to me like the steering rack; take a search on the forum since this has been discussed previously

EDIT: Check this thread

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=1035.msg8452#msg8452

·
Registered
139 Posts
gary,

Welcome to the land of steering issues with Lambdas. So far for me it's been a new column, intermediate shaft, air purge and I still have a low groan when turning. The best thing to do is go to the dealer, take a tech for a ride and let them listen to the issue. Lots of members have had new PS pumps and steering racks installed and some have had NO issues at all. I'll let this low groan thing go until my next OC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts