Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Traverse with 92k miles. It stsrted makinga clicking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle when it is running (not moving). Also the check engine light has come on since this started today. Feels rough when accelerating and just drove around the block and engine light started to blink. Any ideas what this clicking/squeeking noise could be coming from the rear of the vehicle when not in motion?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Blinking engine light means something serious is going on and it should be checked out as soon as possible.

You need to get a code reader and find out what's causing the engine light or get it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have it scheduled to go in. It blinks a few times during acceleration but then goes solid. Feels like a misfire, but the primary noise coming from the back is what really has me puzzled.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
The clicking noise, if its from the rear right panel area by the trunk... could be one of your ac actuators that now has broken teeth.
Taking a guess since you said in the back. But you dont say whether inside or outside

Reactions: greentraverse

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, its an outside noise. I didn't think the actuators would cause the engine light and misfire, and it seems the issues are connected.

The noise speeds up with the engine being reved, and almost sounds like it could be a belt but it is definitely coming from the back.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced my daughters 2014 LT AWD rear differential, sounds like the same clicking issues, it also had a intermittent check engine light, determined that the differential is tied into the traction control that's what was causing the fault, purchased the Used diff. from a local auto recycle yard $365.00 fairly easy job just need to get the whole car off the ground high enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts