Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM Accessories : Smoke Colored Sunroof Visor / Guard Installed (Double-Stick Tape)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GM Accessories : Smoke Color Window Guards with Double-Stick Tape (Set of 4)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Window Guards continued (Close-Up)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3M Clear Shield / Clear Bra Installed on Side Mirrors (can you see it?)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3M ClearShield / Clear Bra being installed on hood (almost full hood template). 36" wide x 7' factory sheet purchased for hood.
We did not order a full hood template so the top 4 inches or so of the flat hood is now covered with a seperate triangular piece.
I would have needed a 48" wide piece with a lot of waste to cover the entire hood seamless. The minor seam is not an issue with us.
Now we shall see how all this wears. The installer let me talk to a customer who had just called him to cover another of his cars.
His last new car was done over 4 years ago with no seams coming up, no yellowing of the film and no paint color variation what so ever.
We shall see. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
www.canvasback.com : Great Product! Very pleased with the fit of this waterproof cloth-type mat in the back of the traverse.
To each his or her own on whether the mat needs to be "All Weather" capable in the back, at least... Pic does not do it justice...
Ordered black fabric to go with the ebony interior.

Notice the zipper for the 60-40 third seat capability and the velco door-like cover over the seat handle in the very upper right of the bottom pic.
Also notice the velcro covers over the backs of the two second-row captains chairs. No detail missed. This product is CUSTOM-FIT to the seat backs and the cargo area.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GM Accessories : Smoke Color Bug Deflector (Attached by screws and clip on plastic)...
Note that deflector stops where the lights start on the front of the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3M Clear Shield / Clear Bra Installed (all 4 lights). Got to protect that Bow-Tie Light Bulb!
Northeast Ohio would expect somewheres between $50 - $100 with Mobile install service included.
I highly recommend www.blockachip.com as Albert has been doing this for 8 years and his work is perfect.
I would look at www.clearmask.com if you want to try it yourself. Lots of patience (which I lack) required.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Final pic of the ride... all that is left is the Ziebart and I turn it over to the wife (maybe).
In the meantime, she is all MINE. Later folks - got some DRIVING to do!!! :blob:

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More Canvasback info: you can choose black (or ask about other colors) not listed on the site by calling and asking for the owner, Brookes Chandler. She is great to deal with and will work with you. Let her know that you saw Jeff's pics on the Chevy Traverse forum. She should remember me since this is the Alpha product for the Traverse.

Also, this cargo mat cover can be removed, although that is a double-edged sword. The thing that keeps the cloth in place is the very strong velcro (sewn on the back of the cloth) that sticks to the floor and seat-back cloth. When you pull the velcro up, the cloth fibers stretch out like the few hairs left on the side of my head during a bad hair day. You will probably not be happy with how that leaves your cloth, but I have no need to ever go back to the cargo cloth itself.
So I will be keeping this on permanently. Soap and water will clean the cover up without needing to remove it. Machine washing is not recommended.

·
Registered
994 Posts
t4me said:
GM Accessories : Smoke Color Bug Deflector (Attached by screws and clip on plastic)...
Note that deflector stops where the lights start on the front of the hood.
Great thread t4me!

Any chance you can search out the part no. for the "Bug Deflector"? (I assume you got this from the dealer?)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GM Accessory Part Information: Note for our US members, this info was obtained from www.gmaccessorieszone.com:

Molded Hood Protector (Bug Deflector) in Smoke: Part # 19158471 MSRP: $79.00
Side Window Weather Deflectors in Smoke: Part # 19158474 MSRP: $89.00

Note: My dealership parts department was charging much more than these prices (in order to make up for no service installs due to folks installing on their own).
I would strongly recommend ordering on line if your parts department will not honor these prices.

Maybe you could get DanTheChevyMan to install them for you ;D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now that I got this thread started, let us all see some more accessorizing pics, ok?

If anyone gets the WeatherTech or AVS bug deflector / window guard products, lets see them...

What about floor mats - are we going to let the other lamba forums out-do us on the "All Weather" floor mat discussion?
Post your pics here and we can discuss elsewhere! Heres to waiting on other pics!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
t4me said:
GM Accessory Part Information: Note for our US members, this info was obtained from www.gmaccessorieszone.com:
I will have to look around for the corresponding CDN Part #s

(Another good reason to startup a regional board for Canada ;))

t4me said:
Maybe you could get DanTheChevyMan to install them for you ;D
Is there a corresponding DanTheChevyMan in Canada? ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At least I do not need to put up with the "Ford of Canada, Limited" commercials during the Leaf games. By the way, did GM ever advertise on Maple Leaf games (I always seem to recall "Ford of Canada, Limited"). I always wondered how they were "limited"? (anyone care to hit that fast ball down the middle out of the park)?

There is ONLY sooo much I can do to help you, copperbeech.
If you ever get down to Sherkston Shores / Fort Erie, we could compare notes more.

Think of how well that new Traverse will cruise along the Sherkston Shores of Lake Erie.
A real babe magnet, indeed. Heads will turn for sure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
t4me said:
www.canvasback.com : Great Product! Very pleased with the fit of this waterproof cloth-type mat in the back of the traverse.
To each his or her own on whether the mat needs to be "All Weather" capable in the back, at least... Pic does not do it justice...
Ordered black fabric to go with the ebony interior.

Notice the zipper for the 60-40 third seat capability and the velco door-like cover over the seat handle in the very upper right of the bottom pic.
Also notice the velcro covers over the backs of the two second-row captains chairs. No detail missed. This product is CUSTOM-FIT to the seat backs and the cargo area.
Those look nice. Dumb question: Can they be hosed off in the driveway, forsay if something really gets them dirty, or something spilled on them? The material, is it like a shiny vinyl type that just wipes up, if water gets on it? These might be on my upcoming gift lists for my Enclave. Thanks for posting these photos. Really helpfull.

EDIT: One more question, how do you get to your underfloor storage in the back?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More www.canvasback.com info: The material is not excessively shiny but definitely looks to be waterproof. I have put a little water on it and did not have an issue with it soaking through. The analogy I give my wife is if we had a dog that went duck hunting, you could take the dog straight out of the creek/river and into the back of your vehicle and clean this off when you get home. The mat does come out of the back of the cargo compartment and can be cleaned off in the driveway. I would make sure you protect the velcro sewn onto the back of the fabric as that is what secures the mat to the floor carpeting of the Traverse. Read my previous info regarding how the velcro handles the Traverse carpet fabric fibers. I will try to clean it with a bucket of water and soap without taking it out just to avoid driveway crap getting on the backside of the mat (cleaning my pool covers on the driveway always seem to produce more crap on the underside of the cover that touches the driveway - maybe it is me).

Regarding the underfloor storage access, if you look at my pictures, focus on the area between the Traverse rear door latch (on the floor) and the square CanvasBack logo also on the floor (center rear floor area of mat). There is a small velco cover that covers the underfloor storage latch. You can pull that velcro cover up to access the latch without having to remove the mat.

·
Registered
994 Posts
t4me said:

Molded Hood Protector (Bug Deflector) in Smoke: Part # 19158471 MSRP: $79.00
Side Window Weather Deflectors in Smoke: Part # 19158474 MSRP: $89.00

Note: My dealership parts department was charging much more than these prices (in order to make up for no service installs due to folks installing on their own).
I just called a nearby Canadian Chevy dealer and gave him these same Part #s. (It has been my experience that often CDN and US part #s are different). But the part's guy was able to pull it up and described them as a "Hood and Window Deflectors"....but he couldnt tell from his screen that they were Traverse specific. But I would imagine that they are the same as t4me used? Price in CDN $ was $89.80 and $86.30 respectively. (t4me, I assume that the $89 was for *4* Window Deflectors?).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts