Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I want to replace all my spark plugs and 2 of them separated in the middle on the ignition coils. The other issue was one of the ignition coils the bolt got seized in the block. I was able to get the coil out but where can I get the piece the bolt goes into? And secondly what is the best way to retrieve the rubber boot, also one is on the back that it happened on. Thank you

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
Pictures for these issues would help.....

Seized bolt.. did it rust in place?

for the rubber boot---
you may have to visit some tool shops. Maybe if theres a Harbor freight near you.
I believe they have different sized picks... with handles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I will try to get a picture working from iPad and not near the car right now. Any idea if I can put them back together looks like the bottom rubber part just pulled off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a photo of the engine. The bolt holding the ignition coil down was over torqued and when I attempted to remove the ignition coil the bolt pulled the spacer nut out of the block. I am trying to find a replacement nut but I am not able to find what the name of it could be or where to look.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I suspect im not quite following your description. It unclear to me like you got the rest of the bolt to thread out and the coil mounting plastic is broke or if your looking to replace the valve cover because you can't get the bolt bits out. To me it sounds like you cant remove the stud from the valve cover (250 from the attached picture) and want to replace it. The part name can also be confirmed from the dealer. try to describe the part your looking for and they will show generally you an exploded diagram to find the part and give you a price quote. Doesn't mean you need to buy it there, but you will know for sure.

If my assumption is right and your looking to fix/replace the valve cover, try soaking whats left of the bolt with anti seize solvent and use vice grips to try to spin it out. Otherwise they do make drill bits designed to back out broken bolts. Im not sure if the bolt hole goes all the way though to the crank case or not. if not you could always carefully drill it out taking care to not get shavings in the block though the spark plug hole or otherwise. Then and tap it with a larger size or heli coil it if necessary. If that bolt hole goes all the way though then dont try it with the valve cover still on the motor. Any metal shavings you get in your oil from drilling could kill the engine.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts