Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks to be loaded and clean. Checked almost 12 months ago and returned to same dealer.

$37k seems ok. I'd like to see $35k possible or better.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Did you price out a new one with the same options and compare to the invoice pricing? With the incentives it could be cheaper to buy new becuase of the retained resale value. Plese don't forget to compare the savings of the different interest rates when totaling in the end.

·
Registered
865 Posts
One like our 2010 loaded (see signature) invoices for just over $44K--at least that's the invoice sheet they would let us see. Even at that price ($2500 off sticker) the dealer margin is still O.K.

Factor in a trade-in, saving over $5000 if you qualify for 0% financing (or using a $2000 rebate if you're paying cash), probably getting one at or close to invoice, and having only a few miles on it. 20K miles only leaves you 16K on the bumper-to-bumper warranty. Buying new would be a no-brainer for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input.
On chevy website, a decked LTZ looks like $46k. If I were to get this used LTZ, what do you think is reasonably? $35k?

I know what you are saying.... If I could, I would try and find a LT2 with everything I want, get the 0 percent financing, trade in my 2002 Grand Cherokee Limited and probably come out better.

If I were to do the LTZ for $35k, get $8k for jeep if Im lucky, id drop it down to $27k. Which to me, does not seem that bad.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Our LTZ stickered for what you're looking at. Used prices (at least a few months ago) were almost as much as new prices. Remember this--the dealer is getting paid from GM to move new cars, not used ones. And I haven't checked to see what a 2009 LTZ with 20K on it books for.

Ask a salesperson at the dealership if there are 2LTs around your area equipped the way you want. If you want the memory package (seat position 1 and 2) and cooled leather seats, you won't get them in the 1LT or 2LT trim levels (last time I checked anyway). If you order one from the factory though, remember that you can only take advantage of the incentives that are in effect on the day the vehicle hits the pavement at your dealership NOT the day you order it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, he came back over email with $27k + tax, title, etc. Takes my trade, etc.

Not bad....I think... scared about the warranty though....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Maybe you can get somebody to run the vin through the GM VIS to make sure there weren't any major warranty repair if you are concerned about the warranty. You can alse get the GM extended warranty if you are interested. Dropped 8K just over an email? He wants a sale or something else is wrong.

For that price, I think I would run the VIN and if no major problems are found just purchase the extended warranty and call it a day. If it is 19K off sticker in just 1 year and 20,000 miles that sounds like a bargain to me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He sent over the carfax and it was purchased from their dealer with 161 miles on it. Brought back in a year later with 20k on it. Everything else was clear. Factory certified if that means anything.

The $27k was with my trade in.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
make sure it has the factory tow package...

does the car fax show return trips to dealer and what is done (repair wise under warranty)?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would suspect this vehicle was serviced at this dealer. Go to the service manager and ask to see all repair/service records available for this vehicle. That way you will have a much better idea of what you're buying. If the car checks out O.K. then this might be a great deal for anyone.

And do make sure it's got the factory towing package on it. You'll be glad you have it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I found another one. This was a dealer Demo, owner had used it for 5800 miles and is selling. Right now, the MSRP is $47k.

True Market value is listed as $43900 on Edmunds... (Im assuming invoice)

I want it for $40k. Sound about right or less? Still gets 0 percent financing, still get full 3 year 36k factory warranty starting at 5800 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts