Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The oddly named and even more odd looking "Vince Burlapp" over at The Hollywood Extra somehow snagged himself a shot of what he's claiming will be the newest addition to the Lambda-platformed CUVs from GM -- the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. Although we're not entirely sure the blurry-looking image to the left is much more than a p-chopped press shot from another Lambda, we're willing to give "Vince" the benefit of the doubt. Our sources tell us we'll be seeing it revealed officially at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show in January, so we guess we'll find out then -- or whenever the embargo breaks.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/cars/detroit-auto-show/2009-chevy-traverse-298055.php

·
Registered
20 Posts
So the official reveal is scheduled for Feb 6th? Chevy's website doesn't even list the Traverse as an upcoming vehicle and they should be going into production soon. Come on GM, let's go!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite a few sites are reporting the Chicago Auto Show as the official unveiling. But keep in mind, it will most likely be in "Concept" form, just like the Enclave was for the 2007 Auto shows. The final product was almost identical, but they still called it a concept. I'm guessing the Traverse will follow a similar path.

·
Registered
12 Posts
admin said:
Quite a few sites are reporting the Chicago Auto Show as the official unveiling. But keep in mind, it will most likely be in "Concept" form, just like the Enclave was for the 2007 Auto shows. The final product was almost identical, but they still called it a concept. I'm guessing the Traverse will follow a similar path.
No, this time they're showing the 100% production spec vehicle, without any further delay of a concept, etc. What's shown is ready to build, and will start rolling out a few months later.

That picture above is, in theory, close, but also very much a photo chop. In a few days, all will see and know for sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If thatis what it really looks like I think it looks fine. It looks most like the Outlook in my opinion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely think the photochop above is close to what we can expect, based on the spy photos that have been released. At least to me, it's obvious they used the Enclave as the starting point (the spy photos pretty clearly show the tapered rear end and a very similar rear window shape compared to the enclave). They will almost certainly use the new Malibu front-end/grill/lights, which this photo shows. And finally, the rear panel window definitely has that upward sloping beltline, which is evident under the 'spy photo' wraps. So there's no question it will be somewhat similar to this "photo", but for someone to claim that this low res photo was legitimately taken (and in no way doctored) is pretty far fetched.

That said, the above photo is almost surely a good representation of the vehicle we'll see for real in two days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
From a purely functional standpoint I would be surprised if the rear tapered like the Enclave. I would not expect a Chevy to lose the ability to load a 4 ft wide item in the rear, but time will tell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
zman said:
From a purely functional standpoint I would be surprised if the rear tapered like the Enclave. I would not expect a Chevy to lose the ability to load a 4 ft wide item in the rear, but time will tell.
It is a bit, with the flowing curves, for sure:

A lot like Acadia/Outlook middle, with some Buick rear end curves blended onto the back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is another Chevy Traverse forum (http://www.chevytraverseforum.com/) that posted this picture yesterday as a possibility regarding what the Traverse may look like. The picture is an obvious chop of an Acadia with the front end modified (from the front wheel well back it is obviously an Acadia), but I think the look is good. Am anxiously awaiting the unveiling on Wednesday ...

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That does look pretty good, but it really doesn't resemble the spy pics much. It definitely appears to be based more on the enclave's overall shape (with a tapered rear end and smaller rear window), not to mention the the upward sloping beltline, like the enclave, over the rear fenders. I think the grill is much much right though. We'll all know for sure tomorrow around 10:15 EST!

·
Registered
4 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Here's the REAL thing...via an accidental picture from rehearsal.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-traverse.html

Pretty much exactly like the photo chop floating around from a while back. We'll see a lot more shortly, in detail...
Up until now the three lambdas (Outlook, Acadia, Enclave) had unique side window looks. The Traverse side windows mirror the Enclave. The large rear window is an vision advantage over Enclave (except of course if you like the look).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts