Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I’m having major misfiring issues in my traverse bank 1 cylinders 1,3,5. I had scanned and it’s showing codes P2300,P2306,P2312 P0300. I have replaced bank one coils, oxygen sensors, cat. I don’t know what else to do. Help please call if you can 715-817-3222 otherwise respond on here. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Causes for these codes may include:

Bad relay or blown fuse (fusible link)
PCM failure
Open or shorted wiring or wiring connectors (wildlife damage)
Defective ignition coil
Faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor or wiring
Faulty spark plugs or wires
Burned exhaust valve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It started off just misfiring every once and a while. Then it started stuttering really bad anytime the engine would sit for more then a few hours but only on start up for a minute or so. Then it would kick in and run fine with the normal stutters.

I’ve changed two out of three coils on the odd side bank one. I changed the bank 1 cat and both up and down bank one o2 sensors. Now it running and fmisforing so bad sometimes it barely drives then it will kick in and drive fine with some misfiring but still driving ok.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Were you able to open up the wiring diagram in the adobe link? see the common ground connection on the odd coils? G112. make sure it is intact and going to a good chassis ground connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello there. So I I went checked the fuses for odd cylinders and ecm 1 and they were all good. I don’t know what happened but after that i drive it a 3 separate drives within 19 hours and I could not get it to Misfire for the life of me and I was trying to get it to Mess up to. Then today the 4 time I Hopped in it took a drive up a steeper hill and sure enough it started misfiring like crazy and was not moving very well. HELP. I’m not sure how to check the ground or the G112 ground not sure what that is. And help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My advice would be to take it to a mechanic. That's what they are there for. I know it sucks to pay, but sometimes you have to do it. Short of that, you are throwing parts at it hoping it works when you could have had a qualified mechanic do it and have some type of guarantee.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s the problem. I have been to several certified mechanics including the Chevy dealer who’s infinite knowledge told me he was 110% sure it was the bank 1 cat causing issues. Sure enough replaced that and it didn’t change anything and old car was still good. Another shop had me do coils (which were Bosch and I’m wondering if that is my issue) bank 1 o2 sensors and still not my issue. I’ve spent a lot of mine with “mechanics” who have not fixed the issues. That’s why I’m here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another symptom we are seeing is it’s acting up now when it’s warm under load like going up hill. Also when it’s misfiring the TPS 100%. Anyone seen this be the issue possibly? Is there a was to test if TPS is bad or faulty?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No I’ve never run anything in gas. Acting up I mean misfiring real bad. Sometimes it won’t even go over 25 mph and bucks and jerks and if you step on the gas hard it will slingshot you forward and fly running fine until it does it again after slowing down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes the same codes as in original thread starting this convo. No we try not to drive is distance because I can’t trust it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ok well if you do drive it, at least try to run the Techtron through with the little driving that you do. Take short trips around your area. Possibly the Bosch coils are defective. All three on one side? If that what you suspect you can swap them from one side to the other.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Guys I’m having major misfiring issues in my traverse bank 1 cylinders 1,3,5. I had scanned and it’s showing codes P2300,P2306,P2312 P0300. I have replaced bank one coils, oxygen sensors, cat. I don’t know what else to do. Help please call if you can 715-817-3222 otherwise respond on here. Thank you.
Did you replace the coils yourself and if so, did you remove the intake cover to gain access to the coils? Were the plugs changed as well?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts