Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 09 AWD started having trans issue this week 144k, it slips shifting sometimes and in reverse it takes a little bit but will eventually lock up and move. I changed fluid may have made a little difference, when I drop it down and shift manually seems to do fine. Doesn't throw any codes does everyone think this sounds like the wave plate issue or something else, have been quoted $4-5K on remanufactured trans and replacement. Just trying to see if it might be something a little cheaper to fix, I'm at the point trying to decide is it worth it for the value of the car. I just dropped $1200 on power steering replacement. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
wave plate is 3-5-R. when does your issue happen? what gears.

also look up the thread on the TECHM. ever replace your laminate discs?
these would cause delayed shifting/engagement.
Good thin is its cheap to replace ( I believe I spent $120)- and about 5 hrs of your time to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wave plate is 3-5-R. when does your issue happen? what gears.

also look up the thread on the TECHM. ever replace your laminate discs?
these would cause delayed shifting/engagement.
Good thin is its cheap to replace ( I believe I spent $120)- and about 5 hrs of your time to do.
It does it in reverse and I believe its when it shifts to 3rd,sometimes it seems to shift ok in reverse and 2nd - 3rd. Last night it would sit in reverse and then lock up after awhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts