Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Traverse has been delivered to the dealer and I am scheduled to pick it up Nov 1. And what arrives in the mail today? A loyalty offer for owners or lessees of 1999 or later Tahoe, Suburban, Trailblazer, Equinox, Venture, Uplander and 1999 or later Oldsmobile owners. $1000 cash back on a 2009 Traverse with delivery before 1/5/09. As a Venture owner, I am touched by Chevrolet's efforts to retain my business and I therefore have decided to go through with my plans to purchase my Traverse next week. ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and a little more came in the mail today -- all Traverses come with 2 years of OnStar with turn-by-turn directions (normally 1 year0 and 2 years (normally 3 months) of XM. I'm a big XM fan and would have purchased the additional subscription anyway, so it's nice not to have to pay for it. The longer I wait to take delivery, the better the deal gets!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, and a little more came in the mail today -- all Traverses come with 2 years of OnStar with turn-by-turn directions (normally 1 year) and 2 years (normally 3 months) of XM. I'm a big XM fan and would have purchased the additional subscription anyway, so it's nice not to have to pay for it. The longer I wait to take delivery, the better the deal gets!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I really am mad at GM right now. Since 1999 I've owned or currently own a Malibu, Silverado and HHR. So I don't qualify for this "loyalty" incentive. Sorry, that just stinks. GM's idea of loyalty is rotten.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Narg said:
I really am mad at GM right now. Since 1999 I've owned or currently own a Malibu, Silverado and HHR. So I don't qualify for this "loyalty" incentive. Sorry, that just stinks. GM's idea of loyalty is rotten.
They are obviously targetting people who owned Chevy's in the same market segment assuming that people will move from an old Chevy minvan or SUV to the Travserse. I would not expect them to assume people would move from an Aveo, Cobalt to a Traverse even though peoples circumstances do change over time. GM does not want to give too much money away and turn a decent profit on this new vehicle.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, it did seem that they wanted owners within a specific type. Though my household had a Silverado and HHR. I figured at least the HHR would qualify, but didn't. It's OK, I ended up with a really good deal and now own an LT2! WOOT! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts