Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One night last week I noticed that the driver’s side low beam was out. I checked the next morning the DRL on that side was out so I figured it was the bulb. I bought a pack of H11’s and waited for the weather to get warmer so I could replace it. Low and behold a few nights ago that light started working on its own. I changed it anyway and the bulb I removed was an OSRAM build made in Germany. Are these the original equipment from the factory?

Also, the bulb I removed looked fine. The filament was attached although it did look dark across the coil. Is there anything I should be looking for if the issue comes back with the new bulb? I’ve never seen condensation inside the headlight housing. Like is there a relay or something?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Look at your bulb connection. Spray some contact cleaner if needed. Just an idea. If it came back on its own most likely a bad contact.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'm not sure who made the OEM bulbs; someone else (rbarrios?) may know. But on a 2009, it's highly unlikely that it's the original bulb. There are a number of threads on headlight bulbs needing replacement; most seemed to be related to early 1st gen's, if my memory serves. Don't seem to recall any on late 1st gens.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I believe the OEMs (on the traverse and Equinox) were Osram/Sylvania.

What may have happened to yours is the filament broke- in just the right spot that it lost contact.
but vibration etc- caused the filament to move and make contact again

Ive seen this before.
Sometimes they burn out and leave a huge gap between the filaments.
Other times- you cant tell.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
you may also want to use this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts