Chevy Traverse Forum: Chevrolet Traverse Forum - View Single Post - AWD driving on the beach - soft sand
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:41 AM
Thomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmerkert View Post
Thanks for all the information. Tomcat that was perfect. So I've made my decision I'm going to get a new Ram 1500 and give my wife my Avalanche to get used to the size for the next few months until we buy the Tahoe. this way I get to keep the Avalanche with which I truly love but have to move away from because we're pulling a 31-foot 8000 pound trailer. It'll be a good way for her to get used to the size before smacking things up with a new Tahoe. it's too bad though that the Traverse is not a four-wheel drive vehicle. I really liked the way it drove it felt like a truck but drove like a car or he Colorado compared to a Silverado. And the inside was great felt much bigger than the Tahoe even

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Save yourself a load of bucks and forget a Tahoe/Ram in favor of a Silverado. I owned three Avalanches and traded the last of the bunch '13 for the '16 Silverado. Loved the midgate concept until you realize hat once folded to store plywood or sheetrock, you converted it into to a two seater and move the driver seat forward to kiss the steering wheel. By far I love the Silverado....same seating capacity as the Avalanche, carry 4' x 8' in the bed while retaining all 5-6 seat and a bonus upgraded lighting system. Identical 5.3l engine as the Avalanche plus a 6 or 8 speed w/manual option tranny and an optional 6.1l V8. Main problem I had with the Tahoe was the sorted wheelbase and limited storage. Besides with a Tahoe class you'll pay an additional $15K+ for the same configuration you'd get in a Silverado pickup....want covered enclosure get a tonneau cover or cap.... Only thing I missed was look of the Avy's sail and solved that problem with a sports bar and the roof lighting comes in really handy when hunting or camping. Plus if you go for a Z71 package you get higher front bumper clearance with skidplates and shields to protect the drivetrain.

Even the wife likes the Silverado better than the old Avalanches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0067.JPG (83.6 KB, 25 views)

Current Chevys -'19 Silverado RST;'18 Malibu LT Redline;'18 Traverse Premier Redline<br /><br />Previous&nbsp; Chevys:16 Silverado LT;16 Malibu LT2;'17 Impala;'16 MalibuLT;'15 Camaro LS;'15 Traverse; '13,'12 and '07 Avalanche LTs; '11 Tahoe LT; '13 &'11 Malibu LTs; '08 Trailblazer;'06 Colorado WT..... Chrysler era.....'80 Citation;'75 Impala;'72 Chevelle;'69 Camaro R/T;'65 Impala SS;'62 Nova

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome