Traverse Forum banner

Door Sill Plates

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  26458 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone has added the illuminated door sill plates. If yes, were they easy to install? Also, would they also work on the rear door area?

#3 ·
I installed in fronts on my '17 Impala cost too much for two wasn't going to waste more on four. Came with a wiring harness and ground that "T's into an existing connector to work with door/dome lighting, butts against the rubber door seal and wiring goes under the seal and through the rocker channel. Haven't seen the ones for the Traverse....length may not accommodate the rear sill plate and may have to splice if not an electrical connector/tap for access. Have dealer print off the instruction set to see if you wish to tackle andif rears are feasible.

Wasn't worth the trouble for my Redline and don't need it with the stock puddle lights under the mirrors. Went with the unlit stainless steel stick-ons.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
My mistake. Sorry about that, I confused the surround camera lenses under the mirrors with puddle lighting. My Avalanches with the retractable mirrors were the ones that had the puddle lamps under the mirrors. That's why the right or left portion of the surround picture turns black when the corresponding door is opened when the cameras are active.

The '18s have puddle lamps on the bottom edge of the door, like the hatch logo beam active when it is dark outside..

Attachments

#12 ·
My dad's 1960 Impala had red lights on the rear ends of the arm rests that lit up when you opened the door; idea being someone behind you would know you had the door open. Didn't light up the ground, though.

I learned to drive in that Impala. Three on the tree!

Attachments

#14 ·
Still curious about my original question if anyone has installed the illuminated sill plates. I know they are battery operated. Just wondering if installation is simple or not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.