TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
September 21, 2014, 04:07:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Traverse problems since new.  (Read 1472 times)
rfoellner

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:27:12 AM »

Hi guys, new to this forum so please do not be too hard on me.  I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a true clunker of vehicle like I have had.  I will list all the items that have gone wrong with mine since new and lets just say the dealer and I don't get a long very well anymore.  I bought it new in July of 09, it is an AWD LTZ model.  Lets just say I will never buy another GM vehicle again after the lack of quality and support that we have received.

All the issues started at about 15K and we now have 98K on the car.

Timing chain went out
Steering rack had to be replaced
Radio/navigation unit replaced twice
Sunroof leaking and whistling.
Heated seat went out on drivers side.
Airbag lights keeps coming on but I can make it go out by moving the wires under the passenger seat.
All the above items were at less than 36K

Since then the following things happened
The water pump went out.
The tranmission went out
Now at 98K the low oil pressure light is coming on.

After all of this we wtill can't even get 20MPG on the highway(Just icing on the cake point)
kilcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:22:47 AM »

Seems like a lot of issues but none seem like they should be that hard to get the dealer to fix.  

One thing I learned from my 2010 Equinox was to never buy the first model year of a vehicle.  I loved just about everything about it but it needed a lot of work for a newer car - all under warranty, without too much fuss, and nothing that really inconvenienced me too much.

Not sure if the Traverse first came out in 2009 but I think it did.  Anyway, it seems like the first year or two of both the Equinox and Traverse have a LOT more problems than the newer ones.  Unfortunately that doesn't help you much and I can see why it's turned you off of getting another GM vehicle.  It's not like you bought a base Cobalt, I'm guessing that LTZ cost you a decent amount.  I guess your one consolation at this point is that GM lost money on your car.   Tongue

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

2013 AWD Traverse LTZ (white w/ black interior)
GM Certified, bought new 11/2013 w/ 17,000 miles.
Loaded w/ everything but NAV.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:07:20 AM »

sorry to hear.
Some people just get lots of issues.. some dont.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    23,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    80,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
geoffwhite18

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »

Considering he bought new, he's also going to lose a lot when he tries to sell it. They hold their value like a colander holds water.

2012 Diamond White Tricoat LTZ
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »

Hi guys, new to this forum so please do not be too hard on me.  I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a true clunker of vehicle like I have had.  I will list all the items that have gone wrong with mine since new and lets just say the dealer and I don't get a long very well anymore.  I bought it new in July of 09, it is an AWD LTZ model.  Lets just say I will never buy another GM vehicle again after the lack of quality and support that we have received.

Timing chain went out
Airbag lights keeps coming on but I can make it go out by moving the wires under the passenger seat.

The water pump went out.
The tranmission went out

After all of this we wtill can't even get 20MPG on the highway(Just icing on the cake point)

Sincere apologies to hear about the vehicle concerns. I understand the displeasure that this causes for you and we want to help restore your confidence in the vehicle. While we are unable to guarantee anything, we'd be happy to further investigate this situation if you private message us. If you haven't been to a dealer for an official diagnosis, let us know and we can assist with that as well.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Jkehl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »

I've had some of the same issues with out 2009 Traverse LTZ.  I bought ours as a Certified Pre-owned when it was 2 years old. 
 - About 5 months into it, I had to have the transmission rebuilt under warranty. 
 - I had the lift gate struts fail when the lift gate was auto-opening and it slammed down on my back once it got to the fully opened position.  This    happened on a Thursday, called dealer and the could not get us in until Tuesday the following week.  I drove it out of town for the weekend, then took it in that Tuesday.  They told me I was 200 miles over my warranty period and that it would not be covered..  Not happy.
 - I've had it in twice for a noise coming from the passenger front breaks and for the front suspension creaking over every bump..  No issue found either time, but it continues to do the same thing everyday..  Of course I was still charged the inspection fee.
 - Air bag light was on, but they replaced a sensor under a factory bulletin of some sort
 - Passenger heated seat will only stay on for 1 minute at a time

We now have 88,000 miles on ours and would love to get rid of it, if it wasn't worth several thousand less than what I owe..

I too was a GM person, and have owned 8 GM vehicles in my 18 years of driving.  This was by far the most expensive GM I purchased and has had the most issues.  I have had 2 Infinity's and also own a Toyota that combined have not had the issues this Traverse has had. 

bobg1951chevy
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:36:38 PM »

Timing chain went out

The water pump went out.
The tranmission went out

I would think you already have spoken to Chevrolet Customer Service, with your ongoing concerns.

How did Chevrolet Customer Service direct you and/or assist you, with all these areas of concern?

2009 Silver Ice LS FWD
Built 6/3/09
1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 dr.
Built 7/1951  
www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21579056

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like" .... Will Rogers
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories