TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
October 31, 2014, 06:31:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Check engine light, traction control/stabilitrak and engine power reduced!!!!  (Read 11684 times)
bobg1951chevy
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 11:11:01 PM »

Hi bobg1951chevy,

We apologize for any frustrations that may have been caused.  Which e-mail address have you been writing to?  Please private message us at any time with further information on your case so we may properly address your concerns.  Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Jessica,

It is not the question of where I have been writing, instead it is the lack of  understanding and a lack of a  solution to the concern that is troubling, after two weeks of explanations, on my part.

Email provided to me by the gentleman who monitors Traverse Forum  is socialmedia@gm.com.

Still waiting for the team supervisor,  Jared Scheuerlein, to contact me,  going back to 2/25.  Seems like that idea is dead, as well.

I was able to obtain a satisfactory solution, through the 800 number and my servicing dealer, but certainly not through the socialmedia@gm.com guy.  

I have  reached out to the head of CCS, explaining my adventure.

2009 Silver Ice LS FWD
Built 6/3/09
1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 dr.
Built 7/1951  
www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21579056

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like" .... Will Rogers
keith455

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »

This happened to my wifes truck today, TCS light flashing, gauges bouncing all over the place, touch the gas and it dies, this might be the last straw in our traverse ownership.
Our 2009 has just over 100k on it and first it was misfiring cylinders, i replaced the bad coils and replaced all the plugs. I replaced all the coils in front since i figured one would probably go out as soon as i put the intake back on. had to replace the upper engine mount, the metal fell out of the middle when i got it out. Then it gave codes about the Catalytic Converter and 02 sensor, we keep driving and planned on fixing it but now this morning the trucks all messed up. hard starting, when it does start the idle is all over the place, if you press on the gas to rev it a bit it dies. I cleared the codes and no new ones come up. I did notice that the hose for the "oil catch can" broke from the air box but i don't think that would cause all this weird stuff.
Short story, it's going to the dealer tomorrow.
BigBlackTraverse
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »

If you ignore the O2 Sensor warnings then you most likely burned them out  or plugged the cats right up.  The sensors control how lean or rich the vehicle needs to be.

If the sensors are wrong then it causes the very issue you now have.

As for the Coils they use are not meant to last the life of the vehicle. They are now considered a service part with a service life.

It not just a GM thing they use they coil over systems in allot of new vehicles form all manufactures. It's common for them to go out with the plugs.

2013 Traverse FWD LT1  Black Granite
               All-Star Edition.
BigBlackTraverse
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 03:21:57 PM »

The O2 sensors may just need to be cleaned off. That was all my 2010 needed. It was triggered just  by some bad gas too.

2013 Traverse FWD LT1  Black Granite
               All-Star Edition.
pagood1970

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »

GM took back my Traverse.  Cheers   Cheers   Cheers   Cheers

I take delivery of a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ 4WD with 99% of the extra options, including chrome running boards/soft tonneau/bedliner/power moonroof/all-weather weather tech floor mats all at dealer cost.....either this afternoon or tomorrow.  Couldn't get past the sour taste in my mouth from the Traverse to get back into another one   Oh No.  GM/Chevrolet did very right by me with this new truck deal so I stayed with them and the same dealership because they were GREAT to me.  Ending up leasing a $50,000 vehicle for $2/mo LESS than the base LS Traverse I started with.

I'm happy now.  thumbs up
bobg1951chevy
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2014, 02:26:15 PM »

GM took back my Traverse.  Cheers   Cheers   Cheers   Cheers

I take delivery of a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ 4WD with 99% of the extra options, including chrome running boards/soft tonneau/bedliner/power moonroof/all-weather weather tech floor mats all at dealer cost.....either this afternoon or tomorrow.  Couldn't get past the sour taste in my mouth from the Traverse to get back into another one   Oh No.  GM/Chevrolet did very right by me with this new truck deal so I stayed with them and the same dealership because they were GREAT to me.  Ending up leasing a $50,000 vehicle for $2/mo LESS than the base LS Traverse I started with.

I'm happy now.  thumbs up

Happy until the first "hiccup" with the Silverado. Happy

2009 Silver Ice LS FWD
Built 6/3/09
Built 7/1951  

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like" .... Will Rogers
rau_d

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2014, 08:07:03 PM »

Happy for you, BUT don't hijack this thread too !
It has nothing to do with your situation.

2012 LT1, AWD, tow package, DVD player,  Cyber Gray / Ebony Cloth Interior
Ontario, Canada
pagood1970

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »

Happy for you, BUT don't hijack this thread too !
It has nothing to do with your situation.

Not NOW it doesn't.  But it did.  Was just sharing the outcome of my TRAVERS-ity.

BM rau_d   :Smiley
pagood1970

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »

Happy until the first "hiccup" with the Silverado. Happy

Beauty of a warranty.   thumbs up
rau_d

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »

BM rau_d : Smiley

Oh No Nice

2012 LT1, AWD, tow package, DVD player,  Cyber Gray / Ebony Cloth Interior
Ontario, Canada
bobg1951chevy
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 11:14:06 PM »

BM rau_d : Smiley

Oh No Nice

No kidding, don't know why the administrator or moderator doesn't do something about this guy.  His off color crap on here is all too often.

2009 Silver Ice LS FWD
Built 6/3/09
Built 7/1951  

comedylaw

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 05:04:24 PM »

Hey all!

I have a 2012 traverse lt with 27,000km.

Today when I got home here is what happened: check engine light, traction control message, engine power reduced message and effective. Called the dealer right away, they said to bring it in tomorow morning...hope I can make it to the dealer.

Also hope they fix it quickly and for good...I'm leaving from Montreal to Florida in 2 weeks...scarry!!!

Let you all know the problem and fix they did...

please let me know what they say I am having the same problem and am having no luck with the service departments I have taken it to.

Magi.
zider

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2014, 12:46:10 AM »

My wife has 2012 traverse that would not start so I disconnected battery and it reset it self and started now I have all these alarms go on and it has no power. Can't believe after 27000 miles were having this problem. I'm scared for my wife and kids.
UsmanSarwar

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »

Hi,
My Travere'13 been with the dealer for last 3 days. there was engine light, they say error P0171 and P0174 and would keep it for a week. need to know is this error that crucial that it will take a week to fix it. their first diagnosis was that I fill up the tank with engine ON. Chevrolet customer care people please clarify this. 
k9Bredr

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2014, 11:31:45 AM »

Transmission/Stabiltrak/Check Engine Light/ Power locks flicking up and down/ Can't reach highway speeds/slows down/speeds up. CRAZY!!!
CHEVY TRAVERSE 2012, 47,000 miles
Brought it to the dealer.
2 days later.
They are replacing the TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE.

Stay tuned...for update of this situation.
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2014, 07:37:43 PM »

Hi k9Bredr,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced with your Traverse. We look forward to hearing your feedback. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
chevygirl

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »

I have a 2011 Traverse with 28k miles.  Bought it new.  Today I started it and the engine chugged.  Watching the tach, it was jumping around, way too low.  Turned it off, restarted, no issue.  When I put it in gear the "service stabilitrac", and "service traction control" messages came up.  Drove it home. 

Tonight I started it and the engine chugged and rumbled again but I never put it into gear.  The tach leapt up to 2000 and wouldn't quit!  Turned it off.  Dealer service had gone home - transferred 3x, but it rang off the hook. They've been swamped by the seatbelt tensioner recalls. 
My husband checked the car when he got home and this time it raced up to 3000 and wouldn't quit!  This thing is unsafe to drive and frankly I'm hopping mad.   :bang head:   Hubby is heading to AFG in 9 days and I need my new vehicle to actually work.  Going to have it towed tomorrow. 
We talked about it tonight and I realized it's not the first time it's acted like this.  Twice before, once while in Cruise Control mode, the engine raced and the car leapt forward.  What I'd like to know is whether this is on recall yet? 

-chevygirl
Maryland

-chevygirl
2011 1LT Traverse
Steel Green : )
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »

Hi chevygirl,

We are truly sorry to hear you experienced this concern while driving. Have you been able to get in contact with your dealership? We'd like to offer our assistance, if you're interested please send me a PM here on the site with your VIN and contact info.

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »

I have a 2011 Traverse with 28k miles.  Bought it new.  Today I started it and the engine chugged.  Watching the tach, it was jumping around, way too low.  Turned it off, restarted, no issue.  When I put it in gear the "service stabilitrac", and "service traction control" messages came up.  Drove it home. 

Tonight I started it and the engine chugged and rumbled again but I never put it into gear.  The tach leapt up to 2000 and wouldn't quit!  Turned it off.  Dealer service had gone home - transferred 3x, but it rang off the hook. They've been swamped by the seatbelt tensioner recalls. 
My husband checked the car when he got home and this time it raced up to 3000 and wouldn't quit!  This thing is unsafe to drive and frankly I'm hopping mad.   :bang head:   Hubby is heading to AFG in 9 days and I need my new vehicle to actually work.  Going to have it towed tomorrow. 
We talked about it tonight and I realized it's not the first time it's acted like this.  Twice before, once while in Cruise Control mode, the engine raced and the car leapt forward.  What I'd like to know is whether this is on recall yet? 

-chevygirl
Maryland

Any news?

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories