TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
September 02, 2015, 05:44:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is up and running on our new Dedicated Server! Please PM me if you see issues.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Check engine light, traction control/stabilitrak and engine power reduced!!!!  (Read 20890 times)
altoncustomtech

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2015, 06:31:47 PM »

We Had the same issue in our 2010 AWD. It turned out to be a fairly easy and inexpensive fix. These vehicles and most of them on the road now are "fly by wire", in other words instead of having a cable or linkage connecting the pedal to the throttle plate on the engine there's a sensor on the pedal that tells the computer how much you're pushing it down and the computer tells an actuator on the throttle body how much to open up.

The problem with most of these that are having this issue is the actuator on the throttle body is going out. The throttle body and actuator are purchased as a unit and can be changed out with simple tools in less than a half hour. The new throttle body unit can be purchased for less than $150 at quite a few vendors.

Hope this helps.

MrSmilez

Mr. Smilez

MrSmilez1959
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »

Sounds like a normal Chevy problem. My wife's 08 impala had the same issue. "Service traction control" "engine power reduced". Car ran sluggish. Swapped the pedal out and issue resolved.

Simple. Remove two bolts and unplug one plug. Reverse directions for install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Mr. Smilez
2009 Chevy Traverse (Family ride)
2008 Chevy Impala (Hers)
2001 S10 (Work truck)
1959 Chevy Impala (Cruiser) *SOLD*
1953 Chevy Bel Air (Cruiser) * Will sell for the right price *
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »

I have a 2010 AWD Traverse with the same issues as in this post.    My codes are p182e and p0700.  Has anyone successfully gotten this fixed?  Or am I looking at long battle that I will never win? Smiley

Are you planning to have this repaired yourself or are you hoping to work with the repair shop? If you're interested in working with the dealership we'd be more than happy to set that up for you. We want to ensure you have access to all the necessary resources to get this taken care of, and we feel the dealership is generally in the best position to technically assist. If you'd like to take this approach please send us a PM with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership.

Thanks!
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
susanrmg

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »

I have a 2009 Traverse and I have truly enjoyed it until the last few months.  Starting in April my car will periodically simply not start.  No attempt to start but not turn on, simply turn the key and...nothing!  I have taken it in to the shop multiple times.  Either it starts up just fine after I contact the garage (has happened multiple times) or will start if I leave it alone for about 30 minutes (has also happened multiple times).  When I do take it to the garage it does not register any error codes so my mechanic has no idea where to start.  It is not the battery (new in February), replaced the ignition switch (no change), and replaced the starter (no change.)  It tends to work well daily for a couple of weeks and then "acts up" for a day.  It finally left an engine light on for my mechanic and gave him at least 10 codes which led him to think it might be a problem with a junction box and may be connected to the traction control (which also periodically is a problem).  I love my Traverse and was planning on buying a newer one this coming Spring but now I don't know.  Anyone have similar issues?
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2015, 10:26:54 AM »

I have a 2009 Traverse and I have truly enjoyed it until the last few months.  Starting in April my car will periodically simply not start.  No attempt to start but not turn on, simply turn the key and...nothing!  I have taken it in to the shop multiple times.  Either it starts up just fine after I contact the garage (has happened multiple times) or will start if I leave it alone for about 30 minutes (has also happened multiple times).  When I do take it to the garage it does not register any error codes so my mechanic has no idea where to start.  It is not the battery (new in February), replaced the ignition switch (no change), and replaced the starter (no change.)  It tends to work well daily for a couple of weeks and then "acts up" for a day.  It finally left an engine light on for my mechanic and gave him at least 10 codes which led him to think it might be a problem with a junction box and may be connected to the traction control (which also periodically is a problem).  I love my Traverse and was planning on buying a newer one this coming Spring but now I don't know.  Anyone have similar issues?

Hello susanrmg,

Even though I am happy to hear you love your Traverse, I'm very sorry you're experiencing this ongoing start up concern. It looks like you've been working with your mechanic to address this issue, but if you plan on visiting a certified Chevrolet dealership, I'd be happy to contact them on your behalf. If this is of interest to you, please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership in a private message.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories