TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
April 24, 2014, 04:23:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: 2011 Chevy Traverse air conditioning not working  (Read 4976 times)
doug d

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »

Hello everyone,

We have a 2011 Chevy Traverse LS FWD.  The air conditioning has stopped working.  We took it to the local Chevy Dealer for the recall and had them evaluate the air conditioning.  They gave the "very technical" diagnosis of the hose from the compressor was shredded.  Anyone ever hear of such a thing and what would cause this?
Mrocster

•••===•••===•••===•••

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 11:34:34 PM »

Wow, did you have a belt let go recently? Where is it shredded at, where it connects?

2010 1LT AWD- Silver Ice Metallic
18" Alloy Rims
Tow Package, Heated Mirrors
7 Passenger Seating, with kids to fill em!!
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »

someone recently postes a pic-- of their AC hose being cut/slashed.

turns out that they had engine work done-
by the alternator- theres a bracket-
during the repair- the bracket was put back at the wrong angle-- and it essentially left a sharp edge on which the AC hose over time was rubbing on...
and well cut into it.

The op posted a pic of his bracket-- and I posted a pic of my bracket-- you could clearly see the bracket was at the wrong angle on his.

This was right by the alternator.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    20,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    77,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-172,000
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:36:03 AM »

look at the bracket- and compare to the GND stamped on the metal..
this where yours leaked?

his

mine..

Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »

Hello everyone,

We have a 2011 Chevy Traverse LS FWD.  The air conditioning has stopped working.  We took it to the local Chevy Dealer for the recall and had them evaluate the air conditioning.  They gave the "very technical" diagnosis of the hose from the compressor was shredded.  Anyone ever hear of such a thing and what would cause this?

doug d,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. At least you were able to get it into the dealership. If you have any question or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
doug d

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:16:37 PM »

Thank you everyone for your replies.  I have looked at all the hoses and can see no visable sign of damage to any hoses.  I would like to think a Chevy dealer would not try to take advantage of my wife, but when she pressed them to show her the damaged hose they refused.  Anyone have any experience with the refridgerant leaking out and only needing a recharge?  It just sounds suspicious that a hose would cost $900.
doug d

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 09:07:15 PM »

New twist to the 2011 Chevy Traverse air conditioner problem.  Told by the dealer a hose was shredded.  Had the system checked and it had now pressure.  Had the system recharged and it is holding pressure, but the compressor will kick in and out at random.  Only for 1 to 3 seconds at a time then turn off.  Still no cold air... Any ideas/suggestions?
Mrocster

•••===•••===•••===•••

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »

This may sound stupid but is the A/C button in the on position?

New twist to the 2011 Chevy Traverse air conditioner problem.  Told by the dealer a hose was shredded.  Had the system checked and it had now pressure.  Had the system recharged and it is holding pressure, but the compressor will kick in and out at random.  Only for 1 to 3 seconds at a time then turn off.  Still no cold air... Any ideas/suggestions?

2010 1LT AWD- Silver Ice Metallic
18" Alloy Rims
Tow Package, Heated Mirrors
7 Passenger Seating, with kids to fill em!!
doug d

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 10:32:33 PM »

Yes te AC button is on.  The clutch wouldn't engage otherwise.
BigBlackTraverse
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 08:25:23 AM »

It almost sounds like your over pressure now.

Was your AC light just blinking when it was low.  It shouldn't run at all off the pressure is wrong high or low.

My low pressure lines leaked out on my 2010 and that's all the AC would do.

IF yours is still trying to run then something is messed up. May even be the AC compressor it's self.

I'm not sure what part has the pressure sensors in it.

2013 Traverse FWD LT1  Black Granite
               All-Star Edition.
doug d

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »

Yes the AC light was blinking before the recharge.  It was pressurized to 40 PSI.  The AC light quit blinking and the AC clutch started engaging and disengaging.   I checked the fuse.  Anyone think an AC relay would cause a problem like this?
Kemosabe

"Stay thirsty my friends - don't drink and drive!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 11:42:47 PM »

After looking at rbarrios' excellent (as usual) pictures, I'd say somebody in that case moved to bracket for better access to the oil filter, and forgot (neglected) to put it back where it belongs!!
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 10:21:30 AM »

Kemosabe..
if I remember correctly-- for that moved bracket-- I believe the owner had engine work done--- that explained the bracket being moved.

Kemosabe

"Stay thirsty my friends - don't drink and drive!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »

Thanks for the clarification, compadre!
doug d

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »

Sorry to respond so late, but I was travelling and didn't get the Traverse to the shop.  It is a hose but nothing under the car.  It is the upper front hose as it goes into the condensor that has a leak.  Now get this.  The repair shop calls Chevy to get the part.  The part is backorder with no projection for in stock status.  The checked the inventory and there is not a replacement hose in the U.S.  Sounds like it might not be only us that is having this problem.  Unfortunately, I will be travelling again and won't be able to get it back to the shop til Thursday next week.  BTW, the $900 the Chevy dealer was going to charge will be under $600 with new parts.  Under $400 if they remanufacture the hose.  Anyone hear of AC hose service reports or recalls?
Newguy77

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 06:18:17 PM »

doug D - I just had the same issue with my 2011 Traverse.  Air Conditioning went out and the dealer said the upper high pressure hose leaks from compressor to condenser and I have a hole in my condenser.  I had a 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warrenty extended to 39,000 when purchased becasue the dealer had 5,000 miles on it when I purchased.  I'm at 41,000 and the dealer where I purchased it went out of business.  The local dealer where I took it told me basically too bad and I have a $1043 bill plus $109 diagonistics bill.  My upper hose is on "special" backorder with no projected ship date.  It's been a week with no air.  How does a high pressure hose fail after 18 months and with only moderate use (2 winters during the 18 months)??  This Traverse is my 3 new chevy and I'm upset enought that I won't purchase one again.

Did you ever get your hose or did you go the remanufacture route?

Thanks.

Stockholm Traverse

My ride: 300 C. Wife's ride: the Traverse.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »

I hope you guys aren't in Central Valley of California. We have 108* F today to be continuing until the 4th!

2012 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT AWD, White, Dark Gray/Light Gray, Premium cloth seat trim
Options: quad seats, remote start
GM Accessories: cargo security shade, cargo area net, front floor console organizer
Other: WeatherTechฎ floor mats and cargo liner, Reese Towpower 51083 Pro Series Class I Hitch
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories