TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
September 16, 2014, 09:23:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2nd Annual Lambda meet/LDT plant tour Jun 17, 2011 more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traverse FAQ (including Battery Location)  (Read 28529 times)
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:27:34 PM »

I am going to start a Frequently Asked Question thread.

This will include neat little tips or tricks for the Acadia.  Items that do not appear in the Owners Manual.

Please feel free to post your FAQs in this thread and I will continue to update the main post.  This thread will take come time to compile a large list that is worthy at really looking at.  Once this site grows more, the threads currently listed will continue to be pushed down and would require extensive searching.

Thanks!

Adam Boca

Courtesy Lamps turned off?  Here is how to turn them on.
                          press the button above the dash brightness knob.  Its icon looks like a dome light with a "no" line through it -- it's the                                      "dome light override" and should fix your problem.  Posted by Gills

Where did GM put the battery?

You will need a 7/64 stardrive.  Slide the front passenger seat all the way foreward. Remove the mat, and this is what you see

The plastic covering to the left can be snapped off, but I was afraid to try.  I was able to slide the cover off.  I think it will be a minor pain to drop the battery in, but certainly possible.  But that plastic cover to the left will definately have to come off.  Notice all the cables, fuses, etc.

This is a close up of battery size, Amps,etc.

Keep your AWD under 55 for the first 500 miles...

Here's what pg 123 of the Acadia owners manual says about break in:

New Vehicle Break-In

Notice: Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in. But it will perform better in the long run if you follow these guidelines:
If you have all-wheel drive, keep your speed at 55 mph (88 km/h) or less for the first 500 miles (805 km).
Do not drive at any one constant speed, fast or slow, for the first 500 miles (805 km). Do not make full-throttle starts.  Avoid downshifting to brake, or slow, the vehicle.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »

Guys, I need to build this up for the Traverse. If anyone has access to the online manuals for their traverse through mygmlink, please reply back here with the links for I can get them added. Thanks!

Also, feel free request other "often asked" questions to be added to the FAQ.

--admin
MIC

Gear-Head-Banger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 12:13:02 PM »

I work for GMPP...what kind of manuals are you looking for?  Service manuals or vehicle manuals.  I have the owners manuals in PDF files for the 2009 & 2010.  I also have access to TSB and other service info.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 03:26:39 PM »

MIC, iDouble K posted the user manual here shortly after that posted this. Thanks!
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »

Can you post the PDF for the 2010? or provide a link where we can get it....

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    23,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    80,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Narg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:37:44 AM »

I love GM's idea on moving the battery out of the engine compartment.  Keeps things much cooler and cleaner over time.  My father-in-law has a 96 Buick with the battery under the back seat.  It's never seen any of the corrosion that normally occurs with batteries under the hood.  The placement in the Traverse seems strange though.  I think they could have moved the bay forward and inch or two to make it easier to remove/insert.  Oh well.
jflowers99

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 11:33:23 PM »

I love GM's idea on moving the battery out of the engine compartment.  Keeps things much cooler and cleaner over time.  My father-in-law has a 96 Buick with the battery under the back seat.  It's never seen any of the corrosion that normally occurs with batteries under the hood.  The placement in the Traverse seems strange though.  I think they could have moved the bay forward and inch or two to make it easier to remove/insert.  Oh well.

distance and heat creates lots of problems with the long battery cables tho.  Had a few corvettes and have replaced my fair share of batt cables. 
UtaHooligan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »

distance and heat creates lots of problems with the long battery cables tho.  Had a few corvettes and have replaced my fair share of batt cables. 

Sorry (?) to respond to an old post.    According to my salesman 2 months ago, the reason GM put the battery back in the passenger area was
so that it's better insulated against weather extremes.    Of course, he's the same guy that told me the battery was located under the
third-row seat.

However, according to a good friend of mine who was a crash-test contractor for GM, the primary reason the battery was taken out of the
engine compartment is because GM/NTHSA wanted to 'harden' the OnStar system so that in the event of some sort of major crash, there was a better
chance that OnStar would still be energized & able to provide notification of the crash (assuming it had a decent PCS phone signal & GPS coords).

Tim

2011 Traverse LTZ
AA/78U-Blue Gold
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 10:46:37 PM »

Sorry (?) to respond to an old post.    According to my salesman 2 months ago, the reason GM put the battery back in the passenger area was
so that it's better insulated against weather extremes.    Of course, he's the same guy that told me the battery was located under the
third-row seat.

However, according to a good friend of mine who was a crash-test contractor for GM, the primary reason the battery was taken out of the
engine compartment is because GM/NTHSA wanted to 'harden' the OnStar system so that in the event of some sort of major crash, there was a better
chance that OnStar would still be energized & able to provide notification of the crash (assuming it had a decent PCS phone signal & GPS coords).

Tim

Both of those reasons make perfect sense to me since the engine area leaves little room for anything but the engine.  Good to know GM/NTHSA were looking out for owner's in the event of a crash
jwhjr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »

After I took my first look under the hood, I just figured it was because there was no where else for it to fit...  Grin

2011 Traverse 1LT AWD
Cyber Grey Metallic
hillrider

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »

And I thought that big red snap cover had the battery next to it.      Not the biggest fuse block I've ever seen!
1mistgoldj

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »

After I took my first look under the hood, I just figured it was because there was no where else for it to fit...  Grin
i know right. the front looks like some sort of space ship but hay as long as i don't have to work on it !
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »

i know right. the front looks like some sort of space ship but hay as long as i don't have to work on it !

you dont plan to do your own maintenance..
the simple stuff---

air filter, oil, oil filter?

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    23,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    80,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories