TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
December 21, 2014, 12:28:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: 2012 Traverse LT1 FWD - Lt1 but no bluetooth or rearview camera  (Read 9621 times)
gil_hndez

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:03 AM »

I just bought a used 2012 Chevy Traverse LT1 FWD and I wanted to see if anyone could clarify the following questions.

It has the phone buttons on the steering wheel and I also went onto Chevy sites and it said Bluetooth was standard on these vehicles but it seems this vehicle doesn't have the bluetooth capablitlies.  When I press on the phone button all it does it muted the stereo.  This is the first traverse I've ever owned so I am a bit confused!  I also notices on Chevy's website that these vehicles also coming with a rearview camera as standard, i think i read somewhere that the rearview camera is on the rear view mirror.  I looked all over for the rearview camera in the back of the vehicle and all i see our the sensors and no camera where it should be.  Also looked for wires going to the rearview mirror for any indication of a possible camera and nothing!!  Could I have bought a LT1 which didn't have these options installed?

All i know for a fact is that this vehicle was a rental before and if I look it is car fax report is listed both the bluetooth and rearview camera as options on it.  So I am confused.  Can anyone help out and clear this up for me.  Like I said is it possible I have a LT1 without this options or maybe as far as the bluetooth the factory stereo which came with the vehicle is not capable of the bluetooth eventhough the buttons are on the steering wheel. Maybe it is a matter of installing a different oem stereo.

Thanks beforehand to all whom responds.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:45:28 AM »

as soon as I read that it was missing Bluetooth-- I thought... Must be a prior rental...

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:07:15 AM »

having the buttons- does not guarantee BT. (Ive read of many salesmen thinking it does because of the buttons being there).

The camera- is not standard on the 1LT. It is an available option. (just bought a 2012 LT1 recently and we looked for a unit WITH a camera. Not all LT1's came with it.

Ill look up more info on the BT tomm-- im having problems getting a file...

gil_hndez

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 01:34:02 AM »

I wonder if rental companies just disable the bluetooth.  Can anyone tell me where the bluetooth mndules is located?  Maybe all i have to do is reconnect it.  Or maybe it never came with it Sad ..

Gil
GOWMU

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:43:35 AM »

Ask your dealer to pull the build sheet on your vehicle and look to see that the vehicle had it ordered from the factory.  This will also show all the options on your vehicle.  Also, did you review the Driver Information Center (DIC) to verify that the Parking Assist was turned on?  There might be a prompt for the BT there also, not sure. Some rental companies have the ability to delete equipment that would otherwise be standard if you were ordering it from the factory.

2011 Chevrolet Traverse AWD 2-LT, Built 04/27/2011, Red Jewell Tint Coat, Lt. Gray Leather Interior
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:16:46 AM »

You said you press the button and it mutes only.  you pressing and releasing?
To make calls/BT you have to hold it down until you hear the voice prompt.

BUT...........

Open your glove box and look at the option decal.
Look for these codes... UPF, UE0, U2J, UVC, DD8

For 2012-
Bluetooth is shown as being PART of the TRIM Levels LT1, LT2, and LTZ--- so its included.... EXCEPT....
when UE0 is ordered.... which is ONSTAR delete... which is a FLEET or Government option code.

#2 is referenced for the LT1.

UPF-
UPF Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to
vehicle audio system, includes (NP5) leather-wrapped
steering wheel with redundant audio controls
1 - Included with (PDC) Bluetooth Connectivity for Phone.
Not available with (UE0) OnStar delete.
2 - Not available with (UE0) OnStar delete.

Under LT1- it references # 2....
UE0-
OnStar, delete
1 - Requires Fleet or Government type orders only.
Whenever selected (U2J) must be included to delete (U2K)
XM Radio. Not available with (PDC) Bluetooth Connectivity
for Phone.
2 - Requires Fleet or Government type orders only.

Also- Look for U2J

SiriusXM Satellite Radio, delete
1 - Requires Fleet or Government order types. Requires
(UE0) OnStar delete.
Whenever selected (U2J) must be included to delete (U2K)

Also if your vehicle came with the rear view camera.. it will have the Dimming OUTSIDE mirror. You can tell its a dimming mirror because the glass has a black plastic border around the glass. On the 1LT- this mirror appears only if the vehicle came with the camera. If no camera-- you have a normal mirror. Non dimming. The 2LT anfd LTZ shows this as standard..

DD8
Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
1 - Included and only available with (UVC) rearview camera
system. (on LT1).

On the LT1- it shows the Rear Vision Camera is Available on the trim.. but  not standard.

UVC-

Rear Vision Camera, integrated into inside auto-dimming
rearview mirror

50andunretired

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »

RB you beat me to the punch!

I had just looked up the codes  Grin

Of course yours was much more detailed then what I was going to post  Grin Grin

Don't forget that a phone has to be "paired" with the system before it will work.
However like RB said push and hold - then it should say - "say a command" if I remember correctly.

Read the manual and it will tell you what you need to know.

2010 Acadia AWD Gold Mist SLT2
gil_hndez

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »

Rbarrios,

As mentioned before my vechile was a previous rental.   When I get tonite I will definately check out all the codes!! 

Awesome information!!!  Thanks for all the help!!   
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »

yeah- im aware it was a prior rental..

though im surprissed Carfax showed that you 'should' have BT and camera..
unless they simply throw that in based on it being a 1LT.

If youre missing Onstar burrons on mirror-- that pretty much means BT will be out.

Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:23 PM »

How did things go when you got home last night?  Have you contacted the dealership about this yet?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Rocky

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »

FYI sometimes just googling the vin number will bring up a carfax on a car pulled by a dealer. Also sometimes the Gm buypower site with the window sticker. But it has to be a new of very recent. GMbuypower data gets pulled.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »

Ive use that method before.

Sometimes- youll even find pics of the vehicle your about to purchase... if its a dealer trade....
some dealers post pics of their inventory.

mu5a5hi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 01:00:28 AM »

This topic is old, but my question is directly related..

I checked out a 2012 Traverse 1LT today, Read the codes in the glovebox and it is a prior rental. Have not purchased yet.

Looks cool in most ways and I really like the vehicle, but frustratingly the 'deleted' auto dimming onstar mirror also 'deleted' bluetooth and autodimming features.

I can buy the mirror online easily enough. Question then is.. installing it...

Did they 'delete' the wiring throughout the car to get power to the autodim mirror. Did they delete the wires that go from the mirror to the bluetooth controls on the steering wheel?  Very confusing. Not sure how much extra stuff i would have to buy and how many hours of labor to pay for to put this back in.

I really wanted AutoDim and Bluetooth.

quarterwave

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »

I have a LT1 AWD 2012. It was an Enterprise rental, and it does not have BT, Camera, and Onstar that would otherwise be standard. I really like the vehicle. My wife and I replaced her Chrysler Aspen with this, and the ride and feel is more car-like, but the mileage is better and I like it alot.
greentraverse

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 10:00:06 PM »

I'd keep looking.
SpinningHat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 09:27:27 AM »

I had a rental return, and some of the standard features that get deleted, I really missed. Those cars are well taken care of while thy're in service, but if you're looking for some of the standard features, keep looking.
SamerJordan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 03:21:51 AM »

It has the phone buttons on the steering wheel and I also went onto Chevy sites and it said Bluetooth was standard on these vehicles but it seems this vehicle doesn't have the bluetooth capablitlies.

It is not standard, I'v a new 2012 Chevy Traverse LT1 FWD as well, bought last month (in middle east - Saudi Arabia). There is a rear cam with rearview inside the mirror. But there is NO Bluetooth option for mobile  Cry although there are phone buttons on the steering wheel.

1LT 2012 my first SUV car.
StevenAZ

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:43 PM »

I wonder how many other people have got caught by this.  You're all going to laugh... the wife asked me to get 2 things in our new car, 3 rows of seats and Bluetooth.  Needless to say I am ticked.  Has really soured me towards GM in general.  I know it is a stupid thing to be angry about, but I am. 

Has anyone managed to install a BT kit in the car that uses the steering wheel to answer / hang-up and the stereo for audio?  I need to make a decision about whether to return the car (and all the pain that goes with being a single car family for a bit).  The best option I have found so far appears to be the "Scosche BFGMK Bluefusion" module, but can't figure out if this works with the "rental build".

Anyone have any experience here / have other options that I can look into?

2012 1LT Traverse
CheerMom12

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 05:32:53 AM »

Have you talked with your local car audio shops about this?

But keep in mind after market might have an affect on your warranty.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 11:24:38 AM »

I wonder how many other people have got caught by this.  You're all going to laugh... the wife asked me to get 2 things in our new car, 3 rows of seats and Bluetooth.  Needless to say I am ticked.  Has really soured me towards GM in general.  I know it is a stupid thing to be angry about, but I am. 

Has anyone managed to install a BT kit in the car that uses the steering wheel to answer / hang-up and the stereo for audio?  I need to make a decision about whether to return the car (and all the pain that goes with being a single car family for a bit).  The best option I have found so far appears to be the "Scosche BFGMK Bluefusion" module, but can't figure out if this works with the "rental build".

Anyone have any experience here / have other options that I can look into?

let me guess-- the salesman said it had BT because it had the little face/man talking icon on the steering wheel?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories