TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
September 01, 2014, 07:09:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Bluetooth set-up  (Read 60707 times)
sonny320

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:19:15 AM »

I'm having a problem setting up Bluetooth in my new Traverse. Seems as though it does not recognize the word 'bluetooth,' keep on getting 'pardon' as a response. I test drove 2 different Traverse LT's and had 4 different people (voices) try to set it up. No luck yet. Is there any other way to set it up or is it only done by voice recognition? Appreciate any assistance.  Think that's a great feature to have. Thanks.
danthechevyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:43:15 AM »

Hold down the phone/mute button for until the onstar voice comes on.  Say bluetooth car responds bluetooth ready. say pair and follow the prompts from there.  With each cell phone being different you first should navigate the phones menu to find bluetooth.
Check out this website for help also it has some of the phones and how to pair to your car.http://www.gm.com/vc/bluetooth/

09 White Traverse LTZ with Tow Package
02 Blue Avalanche
08 SeaDoo Wake 155
sonny320

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »

Hold down the phone/mute button for until the onstar voice comes on.  Say bluetooth car responds bluetooth ready. say pair and follow the prompts from there.  With each cell phone being different you first should navigate the phones menu to find bluetooth.
Check out this website for help also it has some of the phones and how to pair to your car.http://www.gm.com/vc/bluetooth/

Dan,

Thanks for the response. I did check out that website you suggested a couple of days ago. I had 2 sales reps, 1 manager and 3 other individuals follow the instructions.  After saying 'bluetooth' we keep on getting 'pardon.' seems to recognize different voice requests,i.e 'help', 'call,'good-bye,' 'cancel,' ect. But does not recognize bluetooth.  Just dropped it off to service center to fix a seat, hopefully they could figure it out.  Thanks again.
danthechevyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »

Do you have a 1 or 2 LT?
1LT does not come with Bluetooth
2LT and up have bluetooth.

02 Blue Avalanche
08 SeaDoo Wake 155
sonny320

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »

Do you have a 1 or 2 LT?
1LT does not come with Bluetooth
2LT and up have bluetooth.

I have 1LT.  Would you know what will it take to make my car (1LT) compatible? Thanks again for your assistance.
danthechevyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

Not certain but your best bet will probably be aftermarket, that is one of the reasons for the up charge on trim levels. The dealer would most likely need to change something in the OnStar system which is never inexpensive.

02 Blue Avalanche
08 SeaDoo Wake 155
guapo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:09:01 AM »

I set up ours in 15 min. (LT2) If you have bluetooth then you have to congigure your phone while doing the set up I went on line while in the car (laptop with a wireless network that extends to the driveway) and followed the insturctions that GM had on there website.
One thing to remember is who ever will be using the cars bluetooth profile must enter then informaton into the cars phonebook so it will recongize there voice.   Cheesy thumbs up

09 Traverse: Black, LT2, w/step assist bars, Captains Chairs, remote Start, Blue tooth, Tinted front windows, Backup Camera
07 Tundra, Mica Green
98 Accord, Bright Blue
Narg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

I had an interesting experience with Bluetooth setup in my Trav recently.  I bought a new cell phone, and it paired OK, but refused to automatically re-pair when starting the vehicle.  This and a number of other things with the phone drove me to return it and try another model cell phone.  Turns out that there are some phones that just don't like the GM Bluetooth setup.  Overall Bluetooth is a mixed bag of good and bad.  Too bad.  Turned out good for me though, because the 2nd cell phone I bought was much better in so many ways than the one that just didn't like to work in my Traverse.  Maybe the Traverse knew something I didn't?   Tongue
danthechevyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 04:36:57 PM »

I had a similar experience with my phone I had a LG Wave from Alltel and it was spotty at best at getting it to pair to any GM vehicle in our lot.  I now have a LG Scope and it pairs in seconds very reliably, so I would say it is usually the phone not the car.

02 Blue Avalanche
08 SeaDoo Wake 155
mihalich

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »

You are unfortunately the victim of an incompetent dealer, with incompetent salesmen.  I know this because I had the exact same problem.  I went to 2 different chevy dealers, and was looking at two different 1LT's.  The salesman at both places swore on their life that the car had bluetooth in them "because it had the bluetooth button on the steering wheel".  Nice thought, but that button with the picture of the head, and the phone, is NOT a friggen bluetooth button.  It's a voice activation button, of which, one of the features is bluetooth setup.

Now when I went in there, I knew that 1LT's didn't have the bluetooth (unless the option was specifically added by at the mfg before shipped as an ala cart thing) , and that only 2LT's had them.  I kept telling them they were incorrect, but they kept swearing it had it.

At one of the places, which I wound up buying mine from, the guy swore the entire time it had it, and said when you're done, we'll go pair it up before you leave, and I'll show you how.  Even in Finance, I had to freaking sign some form saying that I was getting the bluetooth package (don't know what this was about).  I even said to the finance lady, you know, you guys are incredible.  Everyone says this thing has bluetooth and I refuse to believe it until I see it work because 1LT's do not have it, and it's not listed as an option.

And so, we go out to it after all the paper work is done.  And I say, ok show me how it works.  "Bluetooth.  Pardon?  Bluetooth.  Pardon?"  That went on for like 5 minutes.  Then the guy said, ok, well you'll have to bring it into the service dept, because the system is broken.

Here is most likely what is happening, with my knowledge of electronics.  The voice activation unit, probably has a couple of 'modules' that can be plugged into it.  If the module isn't there, it can't respond to the command, so it says, Pardon?  The message at the beginning when it tells you what you can say, is probably canned to handle all cases.

The salesmen today do not understand these cars with all this sophisticated electronics.  It's sad.  I had the same problem with my Pontiac Grand Prix GXP.  The thing has an advanced driver info center, and a heads up display, navigation.  They had no clue how to even demo it do me.

Anyway, that's my 5 minutes of venting...

Joe

'09 Brown Chevy Traverse LT
'07 Purple Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Narg

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »

This is one of the areas I think GM needs to seriously improve.  I know many folks have a lot of things to vent about GM, but this one is very high on my list.  They need to stop with the petty option games between vehicles and model levels and be much more straight about their products.  This is something Ford learned, and when their new "Sync" system is in a car they sell, it's 100% there or 100% not there.  No middle ground.  I'm still ticked that GM offers radios on cheaper cars with USB plugs for iPods or any other MP3 player or even a flash stick, but wants extra $$$ for the high end Traverse to install an iPod only connector.  That's pure B.S.
danthechevyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »

I agree with the last part of your post Narg I to have told any rep that comes in they need to just include the usb port on all the cars.  As for the different options and trim levels I hate to state the obvious but the window sticker tells you if it has bluetooth or not.

02 Blue Avalanche
08 SeaDoo Wake 155
mihalich

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 12:29:53 AM »

lol.  Indeed the stickers do tell all.  I know how to read them.  Some salesman don't.

Joe

'09 Brown Chevy Traverse LT
'07 Purple Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Narg

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »

I agree, stickers are the final say on any vehicle.  Though, spend any time on the web or other source and confusion about options is a 100% chance.  Forums like this and others are also a good indication that there is too much confusion about options that should or should not be on any given vehicle, not concerning the level of trim.  I can say this with no pause, because I made the deal on my Traverse because of a confusion issue with the chevy.com web site.  The regional sales guy agreed that is was confusing, and gave me an incentive I didn't qualify for, even though the web site didn't give proper indication that I wouldn't.  So confusion seems inevitable.  Not that I would like less options, but clarification often is difficult for the average buyer.  Basically I'm saying improvements could be made.  I hope there are some.  If not for GM's sake of having more satisfied customers.

danthechevyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 03:06:07 PM »

That is what I get paid to do is to educate people when they are looking at a vehicle of the options on it and with 300 plus new vehicles on our lot new and 100 plus used that gets pretty confusing.  I am honest with my customers if I am not sure I will go and find out what they have on them and then show them how to operate them.  That is the problem with some sales people they are only concerned about their commission and not with making sure they do the whole job through to the end.

02 Blue Avalanche
08 SeaDoo Wake 155
Narg

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »

Dan, you're definately one in a million.  I get a kick out of how fast I get a "deer in headlights" look from the car salesfolk I meet when purchasing a vehicle.  And, I don't consider myself as knowledgable as I could be.
Chevy One

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »

I'm in the same boat....  First let me say that I love the vehicle!  But, one of the selling points was that it had the bluetooth capability.  Once the papers were signed the salesman had realized he made a mistake, I bought the 1LT.  Bluetooth capability starts at the 2LT.  But I felt better when he said, "My bad."  Bang Head
t4me

Q:Honey, how much did YOU spend? A:It sleeps 4!!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »

Agree totally with everything written in this thread.  Sometimes I have found these lambda forums to be my best source of knowledge above and beyond the dealer (Sorry Dan!).  While folks can be occasionally wrong or coloring the facts with personal emotion, I have learned a ton more here than I would have expected my dealer to provide me with.  For instance, the dang blasted DVD blocks the view out the back window from the rear-view mirror.  Knew it on the forum, told my wife who also knew, but forgot until we bought and left the dealer lot.

2014 Traverse AWD LTZ (silver ice) w/Nav and Ebony interior (Wife's Ride)
2012 Gray Metallic Malibu (My Ride)
GG

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »

I had the same issue with "Pardon" - system doesn't recognize command.

You have to do it thru the steering wheel button - hold the phone button down for 2 seconds until you hear a tone and then say "bluetooth" and then "pairing" - that should work
samnjinu

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 02:52:31 PM »

When I got my Traverse one of the first thing I did was to pair the cell phone of my wife's and and mine. My wife's Nokia worked fine and I love it. Now my LG Incite was another story. I paired it fine - but then within a few seconds my phone got freeze. Not even the power button responds. I had to pull the battery out. I tried it many times that same week. If I walk into my traverse with my LG Incite's bluetooth on it freezes up immediate !! Now I have deleted that pairing. And I grab my wife's cell whenever I drive the Traverse.

09 Traverse 2LT, FWD, White, Leather, DVD, Dual Sunroof, Remote Start, 2nd Row Captain
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories