TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
February 21, 2017, 07:32:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Looking into a 2017 Traverse 1LT with style pack  (Read 1295 times)
sephy0974

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »

Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a new 2017 traverse, black with remote start, and a style package, MSRP at 38900 I got a OTD price of 34670, plus or minus a few dollars, anyone got any idea if i can negotiate the price a little more? I was thinking more of a 33000 range, it doesn't have much of tech on it, no nav or power lifting, but I do like the vehicle and hopefully get it soon, I am also looking for a way to get some private cash offer from Chevy. If anyone can help me out, that would be fantastic.! Thank you much!
Toddzilla67

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 10:32:34 AM »

AWD?  Towing package?  I'm guessing so, but with an option list I built to get it close to the MSRP you say, dealer "invoice" is probably $36925 or so (about $2000 off).  Ask the dealer to show you their "invoice" price--they should willingly show it to you.  Take some more off with the $750 cash allowance Chevrolet has going right now and you're out the door at $36175.  You say your OTD price is another $1505 off what I believe to be the invoice.  You may have maxxed out what the dealer is willing to do, but it never hurts to ask, especially if they have had a bad sales month.

Remember that the invoice price the dealer shows you still protects their profit, so you have negotiating room below that.  Again, you're getting another $1500 below invoice.  Only you can decide if that deal is acceptable.

Good luck with your purchase!

2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Born 11/09
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Sunroof, Towing

Just drive it.
sephy0974

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 08:51:32 PM »

The traverse I am looking into is a 1lt with a style package, which is around 38k msrp,
Toddzilla67

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:28:46 PM »

A $29595 1LT Traverse (zero optioned base price) would need to have numerous additional options, not just the $1250 "STYLE AND TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE" to come close to the sticker price you specified.  Equipped to come to $38900 MSRP or so (as stated in your first post), with current GM promotions and discounts (shown in summary portion of the "BUILD AND PRICE YOUR 2017 TRAVERSE" section of the Chevrolet website) that vehicle would price out at $35800, so not as good as the $34670 OTD price stated in your first post.

Hope that helps.

2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Born 11/09

Just drive it.
greentraverse
Traverse Freak

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 09:42:14 PM »

If this Traverse is on the dealers lot, you should be able to post a link to it, then people in the know can comment better.
sephy0974

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 06:03:45 PM »

This is the exact car I test drove, the invoice price i received was at 35882.95, I was able to get a 33455 OTD offer and they told me basically thats the best they can do. I offered then 32500 but they won't bite, any tips would be great

here is the VIN for the vehicle: 1GNKVGKD9HJ215165  

chevroletwilliamsville.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Traverse-AWD_1LT-Williamsville-NY/2877769793
Toddzilla67

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 06:28:23 PM »

Here's the virtual window sticker.  

http://www.chevroletwilliamsville.com/f_WindowSticker?VIN=1GNKVGKD9HJ215165

Their "invoice" price is about $300 less than I guessed.  Then, they gave you another $1200 off the previous $34670 OTD price you said in your first post.  You were looking for the $33000 range in your first post--$33455 OTD is pretty close.  My advice?  Go to a competing dealer and show them what West Herr is willing to do for you.  Maybe you'll get somewhere.  Otherwise, buy it for $33455 at West Herr Chevrolet before they sell it to someone else at that price.  

Best of luck with your decision.

2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Born 11/09

Just drive it.
sephy0974

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 06:56:41 PM »

So this is a good price even with the new exterior redesign coming out in a month?. I was concerning about if the value of this 2017 will drop when it becomes a old model. do you think I should stand firm with a firm lower offer or should I just go ahead and buy it? regardless the redesign.?
Toddzilla67

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 08:35:55 PM »

You've obviously done a fair amount of work toward this purchase, but only you can make the final decision as it is your money you're spending.  You're also obviously trying to avoid the dreaded buyer's remorse and I totally get it.  But if I was getting 14% off the sticker price for the car I wanted to drive for the next 100K miles, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.  

The 2018 will be unveiled in less than two weeks on January 9, but very little design has been revealed for the Chevrolet version.  The vehicle hasn't even been on sale to the public yet, so there are no numbers with regard to demand.  Count on the new platform and base powertrain being identical to Traverse's siblings.  That prohibits the Traverse from becoming an exclusive vehicle, so I don't see depreciation increasing due to an updated Traverse being released.    The public may hate the new Traverse or the new platform may have widespread issues akin to the timing chain issues we've seen.  Then dealers may have trouble selling them which may slow down the depreciation of your 2017, but not by much.

This is ALL supposition, too many unknowns that even GM and the rest of the auto industry would have trouble predicting.  If the new Traverse is a stretched out 2018 Equinox, it should be a great looking vehicle.  If they try to make the front end look like a new Chevy truck, it will probably flop.  Let's see what January 9th brings.

2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Born 11/09

Just drive it.
GOWMU

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »

So this is a good price even with the new exterior redesign coming out in a month?. I was concerning about if the value of this 2017 will drop when it becomes a old model. do you think I should stand firm with a firm lower offer or should I just go ahead and buy it? regardless the redesign.?
Any new car is going to drop the second you drive it off the lot, that is why it makes more sense to by a used 1-2 year old vehicle.  That way someone else took the initial depreciation hit.  As for the redesign, yes it will be unveiled in a couple weeks. But, it won't even go into production at the plant until late summer.  I wouldn't expect it to show up at the dealers until September or later if there are problems.

2016 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD
Traded In November 2016   2011 Chevrolet Traverse AWD 2-LT, Built 04/27/2011, Red Jewell Tint Coat, Lt. Gray Leather Interior
scottydl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 02:52:00 PM »

Any new car is going to drop the second you drive it off the lot, that is why it makes more sense to by a used 1-2 year old vehicle.  That way someone else took the initial depreciation hit.

Well said, and my thoughts exactly.  This is how I operate on pretty much all major purchases (I also save up and pay cash), and I've still been able to own many nice cars/RV's while saving tens of thousands of dollars over the years.  I bought my 2013 Traverse about 4 months ago, and it looks/feels/drives/acts just like a brand new 2017 but it cost me about half as much!  It had about 63k miles, but I sold my last SUV with over 162k on the odometer and plan to keep this Traverse just as long.  So I'm perfectly happy with the mileage, knowing I still have at least 100k miles to go.  wink  It's our family's daily driver and we'll probably put around 12k miles/year on it.

On average, new cars lose 40% of their value in the first 4 years.  I did even better than that (which means the first owner did even worse) with mine, comparing its new price with what I paid (45-50% of its new price) when it was ~3.5 years old.

If you're stuck on buying new, shopping that current $33,455 "offer" around to other dealerships is probably the best way to maximize your buying price.  The key to successful negotiating is ALWAYS being willing to walk away.  The dealership won't sell it to you unless they are making the profit they need, and they'll play as many games as necessary to maximize that profit.  It costs them nothing to keep the 2017 on the lot for another couple weeks and try to sell it to someone else for higher than $33,455.  If that doesn't happen, maybe they'll call you back on that $32,500 offer.   If not, or if it sells, don't worry... there's another one out there for you.  wink

Chevy rides:
2013 Traverse LS AWD
1995 Suburban C2500
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories