TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
January 24, 2017, 06:07:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Traverse Sales:  Mar: 8,230       YTD:26,368        All-Time: 233,642  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not much traffic here  (Read 1035 times)
scottydl

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:43:33 PM »

I really like the feel of this forum, and have always gotten great/helpful replies fairly quickly... but I notice there's really not much thread traffic.  Maybe 1-2 new threads per day.  Over the years I've been very familiar/involved with other automotive forums, both as a member and administrator, and am more accustomed to large forums like this seeing dozens of new threads every day, hundreds per week.

For the number of Traverse's on the road, I would think more folks would come across this forum and want to participate.  I suppose part of the issue may be that all the Lambda forums are separated by model, whereas there would be a lot more traffic if the pages were combined... considering there are SO many similarities between the models.  Are there other Traverse/Acadia/Enclave discussion boards where people end up instead of here?  I'm not looking at going anywhere else, just interested in how we can spread the word and get more members enrolled/involved here at Traverse Forum.

Chevy rides:
2013 Traverse LS AWD
1995 Suburban C2500
john_d.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:36:45 AM »

It is a little slow...  Smiley

I found one other forum and it was even less traffic. 

I think this forum's heyday was in the early years, early adopters sharing information, especially with the batch of issues that affected those earlier models. 

Now the Traverse is a bit more of a commodity.  Also people can get a lot of what they need by searching the older threads.  There is definitely a lot of good information to be found here.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse LS  (50k miles) - my daily driver
2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (18k miles) - wife's car
2008 Chevrolet Impala (180k miles) - soon to hand-down to grandson as first car
1997 Chevrolet Corvette (80k miles, soon to get an A&A supercharger, cam, headers, etc) - weekend car
greentraverse
Traverse Freak

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 09:39:17 AM »

I'm guessing it will pick up when the new model comes out, with whatever teething pains it will have.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 10:18:36 AM »

I think many newcomers will be folks buying used lambdas- and wondering what that whirring sound is..... for example.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -     55,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   123,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L- 180,000
Toddzilla67

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 11:22:13 AM »

I think many newcomers will be folks buying used lambdas- and wondering what that whirring sound is..... for example.

Yeah, and the occasional newbie one time poster ranting about GM's poor quality and lack of dealer integrity after they've bought someone else's poorly maintained vehicle.  They post once or twice never to be heard from again...they must fall into some cyberspace black hole.

2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Born 11/09
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Sunroof, Towing

Just drive it.
scottydl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »

Yeah, and the occasional newbie one time poster ranting about GM's poor quality and lack of dealer integrity after they've bought someone else's poorly maintained vehicle.  They post once or twice never to be heard from again...they must fall into some cyberspace black hole.

Heh yeah I think every forum has that type of "member" come around.  For me, I buy vehicles and keep them 6-8 years typically, plus I like to DIY to save money whenever possible.  So automotive forum in particular have been incredibly useful, and I see them as online communities where members can support each other.  It's always nice when there's a larger number of regular contributors.

Chevy rides:
2013 Traverse LS AWD
1995 Suburban C2500
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories