TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
September 02, 2014, 12:12:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Current Topic Rating: *****
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Service Stabilitrac / Service Traction Control  (Read 37375 times)
dustin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 09:52:35 PM »

11traverse,

I am having the exact same problem with my Outlook. rbarrios gave me the heads up on this thread. It is hard for me to imagine that we have the same seemingly unique symptoms and not have the same problem. Were you ever able to get part number on the brake switch?

I have the service manual and it doesn't look like there is a switch on the brake pedal, just a sensor. There is a switch on the parking brake. It ACDELCO Part # 01264464. It looks like it would be really easy to swap out. If I am reading the diagnosis protocol correctly, and that is big if, there is no way to pinpoint the switch as the problem unless it is totally dead. For me at least, and it sound like it happened to you, it is a slow death with intermittent failure. If that is the case that really sucks because have the brake lights malfunction is serious safety concern. My wife won't even drive the car right now.

Anyways... if there is anyway to confirm that they did indeed change the switch on the parking brake that would be so incredibly awesome.
Bayner66

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:21 AM »

From a quick look at a wiring diagram, the parking brake switch is wired through the BCM and it's only function is to turn on the parking brake light on the dash.

Bayner66
writing from
The Lone Star State
2014 Acadia SLT2 FWD
ls973800

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »

A cut and paste from my online service manual shows the brake pedal position sensor and a procedure on how to calibrate it.  Yours might need calibration or replacement.   Looks like a dealer performed procedure since a scan tool is needed.  Some of the old style brake switches were adjustable by turning the threaded rod and then tightening a lock nut.  Now they are electronic, but still need adjustments sometime.

Brake Pedal Position Sensor Calibration

Calibration Criteria

Important: Do not apply the brake pedal during the brake pedal position sensor calibration procedure. Any movement of the brake pedal during this procedure will cause the calibration procedure to fail. If this occurs, the brake pedal position sensor (BPPS) calibration must be repeated.

Brake pedal position sensor calibration must be performed after the brake pedal position sensor or body control module (BCM) have been serviced. The calibration procedure will set the brake pedal position sensor home value. This value is used by the BCM to determine the action of the driver applying the brake system and to provide this information to the vehicle subsystems via the GMLAN communication bus.

Calibration Procedure

Apply the parking brake.
    Place the transmission in the PARK position.
    Install a scan tool.
    Clear all BCM DTCs before proceeding.
    Navigate to the Vehicle Control Systems menu.
    Select Module Setup menu item.
    Select BCM menu item.
    Select the BPP Sensor Calibration procedure and follow the directions displayed on the screen.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ, Nav, Sunroof, Rear Entertainment, Towing, Rear Buckets w/Console-Added $3.00 Nav By-Pass, Rearview Mirror W/Compass, Cabin Air Filter, Lights to Homelink Buttons  SOLD 4/2012
dustin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 04:13:24 PM »

Yeah the brake sensor seems to fit the symptoms better. It would be a pretty poor design to let a faulty park brake switch cause the brake light to reverse (on when they should be off and off when they should be on).

Maybe some wishful thinking on my part, that park brake switch looks really easy to change.

I stopped by the dealership. They scanned for codes and got nothing. I didn't leave the car with them. I can't afford the guess and check approach at dealership prices.
jmer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 12:59:46 PM »

Embarrassedwell mine came back. Makes me sad. Hey Michelle, would you like to reopen that case?
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »

Embarrassedwell mine came back. Makes me sad. Hey Michelle, would you like to reopen that case?

Hi jmer,

I am Kelly and I am now the contact along with Jessica for GM on the Traverse Forum.  I am sorry you are having continued difficulty with your vehicle. If you have your case number or VIN number I would be more than happy to look into things for you. Please private message me!

Have a great day!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
jmer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 08:39:37 AM »

Kelly,

I pm'd you but got no response.

case number is 71-1158584526
Pincus

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 12:19:52 PM »

I have a 2010 Traverse 2LT. We love this vehicle, except for the recurring Service Stabilitrak Service Traction Control problems. The light keeps coming on randomly while driving at a constant speed on the highway. When the light comes on it also disables the cruise control and the Park Assist features until the codes are removed. The dealer has told me every time I take it in that it's because he believes I'm driving with 2 feet. His manual tells him this, so that's what he tells me. Except I do not drive with 2 feet and I have tried several different times to try to hit both the brake and accelerator with the same foot at the same time with no success. I would have to turn my body in order to get one foot on both pedals simultaneously - and I certainly would know I was doing this while driving if this were actually the issue. I'm getting tired of paying to have the codes reset, told I'm a 2-footed driver and to stop it. This isn't the problem. Something else is wrong and neither Dealership I've taken my vehicle to can tell me what is actually going on with it. Does anybody else have these lights come on without any other symptoms occurring? I have not noticed any problems while driving the vehicle. It appears to be running perfectly, but then lights and bells go off.
I should note that this happened to 3 different drivers in our vehicle. Does this mean all three of us have the same (in)convenient 2-footed driving habit? Doubtful.
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 07:10:32 PM »

I have a 2010 Traverse 2LT. We love this vehicle, except for the recurring Service Stabilitrak Service Traction Control problems. The light keeps coming on randomly while driving at a constant speed on the highway. When the light comes on it also disables the cruise control and the Park Assist features until the codes are removed. The dealer has told me every time I take it in that it's because he believes I'm driving with 2 feet. His manual tells him this, so that's what he tells me. Except I do not drive with 2 feet and I have tried several different times to try to hit both the brake and accelerator with the same foot at the same time with no success. I would have to turn my body in order to get one foot on both pedals simultaneously - and I certainly would know I was doing this while driving if this were actually the issue. I'm getting tired of paying to have the codes reset, told I'm a 2-footed driver and to stop it. This isn't the problem. Something else is wrong and neither Dealership I've taken my vehicle to can tell me what is actually going on with it. Does anybody else have these lights come on without any other symptoms occurring? I have not noticed any problems while driving the vehicle. It appears to be running perfectly, but then lights and bells go off.
I should note that this happened to 3 different drivers in our vehicle. Does this mean all three of us have the same (in)convenient 2-footed driving habit? Doubtful.

Hello Pincus,

This situation sounds frustrating!  Would you mind sending me a private message with some details so I may look into this further?  I will need your full name, VIN#, vehicle mileage, and the name of the dealership you visited.  Also, did the dealership try to recreate the problem? 

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
jmer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »

Hey Chevy cust serv, I am not getting a response from you on my last post and my pm? My wife's car is still having this issue and I would like to know if my case is being re opened?

Please see last post for case number.
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »

Hello jmer,

I apologize for the delay in response!  I have reopened your case for you.  Would you like to take the vehicle back to the dealership?  If so, I would be happy to schedule an appointment.  Just let me know what time is best for you! 

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hey Chevy cust serv, I am not getting a response from you on my last post and my pm? My wife's car is still having this issue and I would like to know if my case is being re opened?

Please see last post for case number.
jmer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »

Thank you Jessica!

An appointment would be great, preferably Tuesday the 14th. Thursday the 16th would be a second option. We have a vacation planned for the 25th through June 2nd. We will be driving 2500 miles and prefer to have this repaired before we leave so that no problems are experienced on the trip. I can also tell you that the code is P2176.

Thank you!
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »

Hello jmer!

I called your dealership and although the service department was closed for the day, I did leave them a message to call me back regarding an appointment for you on Tuesday.  The receptionist I spoke with said Tuesday shouldn't be a problem.  I will have Kelly reach out to you Monday morning and let you know what time the appointment will be!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you Jessica!

An appointment would be great, preferably Tuesday the 14th. Thursday the 16th would be a second option. We have a vacation planned for the 25th through June 2nd. We will be driving 2500 miles and prefer to have this repaired before we leave so that no problems are experienced on the trip. I can also tell you that the code is P2176.

Thank you!
jmer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »

Fantastic! Thank you very much. I know all of the service writers as well as the service manager so they are welcome to call direct as well.
jmer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2013, 05:42:41 PM »

Perhaps they can fix the water pump that was recalled also? Campaign #:2013079
WATER PUMP SHAFT SEAL LEAKS
jmer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »

The dealership is replacing the throttle body. Though this is to covered under warranty on 2011 and later, they are only charging me a deductible of $100! The part alone through Rock Auto would be $185 plus a gasket. Thus, I can not even do this myself for less than $100.

Thank you Wilson Chevrolet Service Dept, Chevrolet, and Chevrolet Cust. Service.
SimonTuffGuy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »

I'm experiencing this issue today... My 2012 1LT went into the dealer to have a transmission cooler and remote start installed. The warning has come on 5~ times since driving it this afternoon. The first time I noticed was during a turn into the dealer to pay the bill for the service done today... I mentioned it to the person who scheduled my service and he said that it may have just been from being on the lift, if it continued to bring it on Monday and they'd check it out.

One of the times that the light came on, I turned the car on, sat in the parking lot for 3-4 minutes, and then immediately upon putting the car into gear, the warning went off.

What I noticed after getting the car back was that the brake seemed slightly different... I know I put the brake in to put the car in gear, but it wouldn't release the parking lot to get into gear. I had to release the brake, reapply, and then was able to shift. (note - this is not the parking brake - I have not set that since owning the car).

Thoughts or suggestions? I'm planning to print out this thread to take in on Monday as well so that they have ideas to check off the web. Maybe one of the codes will stay stuck and can be read... or I'll get "lucky" and have the warning go off on my way into the dealership.

Just thinking this through... Is there ANYTHING that would've been wired on the remote start that would have something to do with this? There was a wiring harness that goes to the hood latch. Where does that get run and connected to?
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »

I'm experiencing this issue today... My 2012 1LT went into the dealer to have a transmission cooler and remote start installed. The warning has come on 5~ times since driving it this afternoon. The first time I noticed was during a turn into the dealer to pay the bill for the service done today... I mentioned it to the person who scheduled my service and he said that it may have just been from being on the lift, if it continued to bring it on Monday and they'd check it out.

One of the times that the light came on, I turned the car on, sat in the parking lot for 3-4 minutes, and then immediately upon putting the car into gear, the warning went off.

What I noticed after getting the car back was that the brake seemed slightly different... I know I put the brake in to put the car in gear, but it wouldn't release the parking lot to get into gear. I had to release the brake, reapply, and then was able to shift. (note - this is not the parking brake - I have not set that since owning the car).

Thoughts or suggestions? I'm planning to print out this thread to take in on Monday as well so that they have ideas to check off the web. Maybe one of the codes will stay stuck and can be read... or I'll get "lucky" and have the warning go off on my way into the dealership.

Just thinking this through... Is there ANYTHING that would've been wired on the remote start that would have something to do with this? There was a wiring harness that goes to the hood latch. Where does that get run and connected to?

SimonTuffGuy,

It looks like you already have a good plan of action in getting this concern addressed. If you want for us to check into anything or assist you, please send me a private message.  Please be sure to include your name, VIN, address, mileage, and the name of the GM dealership you are working with, and the link or name of this thread. Please be sure to keep us posted on your concern!

Erica Tiffany
GMC Customer Service
SimonTuffGuy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »

The dealer seems to have sorted out my issue. The paperwork that I got back when the dropped the Traverse off at work reads "Recalibrated brake pedal position sensor".

A few trips in town and from work to home without any issue so far. Will report back if that changes.
09TRVSLT1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »

STEERING ANGLE SENSOR MAY NEED RECALIBRATION. STABILITRAC AND TRACTION CONTROL ARE PART OF ABS. WITH AN ABS LIGHT IT COULD BE THE YAW RATE SENSOR ON THE CENTER CONSOLE OR MORE LIKELY THE STEERING AND SENSOR BOTH OF WITH COULD SET OF STABILTRAC AND TRACTION CONTROL SERVICE AS WELL AS TRACTION CONTROL OFF. HAPPEN TO ME
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories