TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
November 23, 2014, 06:45:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Traverse Sales:  Mar: 8,230       YTD:26,368        All-Time: 233,642  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Radio Upgrade Already Searched For Answer  (Read 3011 times)
Jgrif319

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »

So I purchased a 2011 Traverse last month with LT1.  Silly me since on a budget I opted for the dual sun roofs.  Having a Bose in my Denali I didn't actually realize the crap system in the LT1.  My question is this can I go to the dealership and have them upgrade my radio to the Bose package or the Bose with Nav Package.  I understand it may be cheaper to just go aftermarket, but I would rather not do that.
ls973800

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »

I don't know what all would be involved with the BOSE system, since there is an amplifier and different speakers I believe.

Check the Acadia board sponsor Schram.  He has been supplying factory Nav units to members for a while now, and really knows about what would work or would not work.  He is associated with a huge salvage yard (2?) in Michigan.  I think, however, the nav units he sells are brand new.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
schramautoparts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »

So I purchased a 2011 Traverse last month with LT1.  Silly me since on a budget I opted for the dual sun roofs.  Having a Bose in my Denali I didn't actually realize the crap system in the LT1.  My question is this can I go to the dealership and have them upgrade my radio to the Bose package or the Bose with Nav Package.  I understand it may be cheaper to just go aftermarket, but I would rather not do that.
As to upgrading the whole vehicle to BOSE, I don't know how hard that would be.  Haven't heard of it.  If you wanted to upgrade to a NAV, I know the NAV has an internal AMP.  I don't know if that would make the difference you are looking for.  In the event you are interested, I'm a sponser on the Acadia forum or you can PM with any questions.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »

the Bose system adds speakers to the 3rd row too.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:04:53 PM »

Jgrif319,

I would have to agree with other members of the forum.  I recommend contacting several Chevrolet dealerships to see if their answers with correspond with each other.  The dealerships are going to be the best place for you to get the specific answer to your search.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
BigBlackTraverse
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:41:24 PM »

I added an amp and up graded my speakers and my base radio in my LS sounds great now. Plus I did it all for around $500...

2013 Traverse FWD LT1  Black Granite
               All-Star Edition.
Lounstx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »

They can't install factory nav. I started a post about this about a month ago. You can find it under Has this happened to anyone else.
schramautoparts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »

They can't install factory nav. I started a post about this about a month ago. You can find it under Has this happened to anyone else.
Lounstx
  This is absolutly untrue.  We've installed hundreads, works like a charm.  Go to the Acadia forum, there are dozens of instances of people on their getting a NAV install done and having it done correctly.  I even offer a money back guarentee on my units with free shipping.  If they didn't work, I would be hemmoraging money paying for the shipping and returns.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 12:21:54 PM »

I think in his case-- they had trouble getting the XM traffic feature to work- and I think Onstar turn by turn..
the radio itself worked-- except for the 2 features....

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
schramautoparts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »

I think in his case-- they had trouble getting the XM traffic feature to work- and I think Onstar turn by turn..
the radio itself worked-- except for the 2 features....

If those features were loaded in the vehicle before the NAV was installed, they would work once the unit is installed.  If they weren't, then there's another piece that still needs to be installed, and it has nothing to do with the NAV.
84camino
Global Moderator

cadavev cadavev
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 12:51:47 AM »

If those features were loaded in the vehicle before the NAV was installed, they would work once the unit is installed.  If they weren't, then there's another piece that still needs to be installed, and it has nothing to do with the NAV.

Whatg does a unit like this run for a 2011 traverse 1lt with bluetooth

Dave Vianu
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
11 Traverse 1LT
84 El Camino Custom
GXPWeasel
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 08:50:48 AM »

Yes, this is where I replied to the original post stating that I would want some money back for my install, as the dealership didn't COMPLETE the installation correctly or fully. Still would drive me nuts knowing I have a brand new vehicle, with a brand new Nav, but some of the features didn't work because the installers were incompetent.  flaming mad

Greg.

2010 Red Jewel LT2 (Spring Edition)
littlebadboy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »

I added an amp and up graded my speakers and my base radio in my LS sounds great now. Plus I did it all for around $500...

Hi!  If I may ask, how did you do it?  I have been trying to convince my wife about adding an amp to our LS... even a small one just to improve the sound.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories