TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
November 23, 2014, 08:04:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to adjust headlghts?  (Read 4646 times)
parky129

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:01:02 AM »

I have a 1011 Lt  and wonder how to adjust headlights for a little more illumination of road signs? Just a little adjustment not a lot, it is hard to see the signs without illuminating high beams. Thanks! wink
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »

2 things....

Try Silverstar bulbs. These helped me see signs better.... but  you obvioulsly have to buy and install..

But- when you open the hood- in the area directly above the headlamp assembly- theres a small hole- next to it is an icon of a headlight.
I believe its a Torx bit that is required-- but you insert a screwdriver with the correct end-- and you can then turn it- this will slightly raise or lower the headlight beam.

What I recommend you do is park your car- at a certain distance from a garage door or wall- turn on your lights- and MARK the level of the beam.
Then you can slightly adjust. Dont forget that raising the level-- may put light in oncoming drivers eyes... especially once you add some passengers/weight to the back.

In case you want to return to the factory setting- park at the distance you had measured above- and lower the beam pattern to the marks you made on the wall.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Quantum
Global Moderator
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »

I had the same issue when we bought our Traverse.

I did what rbarrios said, switch to Silverstars.  They made the difference for me, the signs are great now!

I didn't want to adjust my headlamp housings, because when I have the trailer hooked up, the rear of the Traverse settles, and I don't want to blind on-coming traffic.

2010 Traverse 1LT
Built 3/10 in Lansing, MI

Ontario, Canada
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories