TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
November 21, 2014, 01:53:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is up and running on our new Dedicated Server! Please PM me if you see issues.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Factory DVD Player  (Read 5534 times)
Bubba0

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »

I have the factory Nav with the overhead DVD in my 2010 Traverse and want to play backup copies of DVD's . I had a guy tell me that it would void the warranty if I did, does anyone know anything about that?

2010 Traverse - Travlers Edtion - Built in Spring Hill, Tenn - 10/09
jamesmyboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »

I don't KNOW about that but...
I can't imagine that the DVD player would know that the discs were copies - illegal or otherwise. It would just not play them if it couldn't read them properly. Doesn't seem logical that GM would invest the cost for such technology.

2011 Red Jewel 1LT FWD
Factory 20s Bluetooth DVD
Bubba0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:15:57 AM »

Agreed! He told me it was in the manual, guess I'll have to read it and see. Maybe Michelle CS can check this out!

AA/78U-Blue Gold
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »

Agreed! He told me it was in the manual, guess I'll have to read it and see. Maybe Michelle CS can check this out!

Reading the manual is always a good idea  thumbs up

I have the factory Nav with the overhead DVD in my 2010 Traverse and want to play backup copies of DVD's . I had a guy tell me that it would void the warranty if I did

Was this "guy" your dealer?
Bubba0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »

No, a guy I know that works for a Chrysler dealership, said it was in Chrysler manuals and was sure GM and the rest where the same. I mentioned I was thinking about copying some DVD's so I did'nt have to carry them back and forth, he told me it would void the warranty.

Tiestosteele

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:57:26 PM »

I can't imagine that the DVD player would know that the discs were copies - illegal or otherwise. It would just not play them if it couldn't read them properly. Doesn't seem logical that GM would invest the cost for such technology.

x2

There is no way putting a burned or copied dvd in your player would void the warranty. That does not make any sense and I would have laughed at the guy. You said you have your traverse already? Throw the dvd in and see what happens. It will either recignoize the dvd and play it, or not recignoize it and wont play it. So I cant put a burned CD in my CD player or will that blow my car up? Bang Head

11 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Nav, Push Start, DVD
09 LTZ Black Granite Metallic, Nav, Dual DVD, True HID headlights, LED Reverse lights (SOLD)
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 - 5spd., tri ax shifter, bassani headers, magnaflow exhaust, custom xpipe, 4.10 gears, 17x10.5" 315 drag radials, custom tune.
Bubba0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 01:29:10 PM »

Have to burn one and try. The manual says ( The DVD slot is compatable with most CD's, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-Video, DVD+R/RW single layer media along with MP3 and WMA formats. DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+R dual layer layer is not supported.) Never heard of a DVD-Video disc, the must mean the format it's burnt. But what that tells me is it should play DVD's as long as their not dual layer disc?

rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »

maybe he meant the discs you burn and apply a paper/decal label on the top?

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
jamesmyboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »

Movies have been in the dual-layered format for quite awhile, so I would think the player would handle it. I'll have to take Avatar out and give it a try, but I'm guessing it would work fine.
I can't think of a recent movie that would fit on a 4.7 GB disc, unless it would be something like Strawberry Shortcake :-)

2011 Red Jewel 1LT FWD
Factory 20s Bluetooth DVD
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories