TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
November 20, 2014, 03:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! More info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Power Passenger Seat Question  (Read 3267 times)
Baldie88

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 07:42:51 AM »

I've done some searches and couldn't find the answer to my question so maybe somebody can help me.

I've got a 2011 LTZ with the power passenger seat.  Does the seat move up and down like the drivers seat?  It does move forward and reverse and the seat back moves front and back but the whole seat does not move up and down like the driver's does.  The controls looks the same but you can't rock the control lever up and down like you can with the driver's seat.  The seat does have the lumbar control like the driver's seat and that works fine.  I just want to make sure the seat switch isn't broken.

Thanks,

Ron
"Baldie88"

2011 Cyber Gray LTZ
2005 Black Chevrolet Impala LS
1988 Red Corvette
Toddzilla67

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »

I believe the passenger seat is only a 4-way (forward/back seat bottom and forward/back seat back) power seat as opposed to the 8-way (plus up/down seat bottom and forward/rear tilt seat bottom) power seat on the driver's side.

2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Born 11/09
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Sunroof, Towing

Just drive it.
ls973800

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:07:47 AM »

That is correct, the passenger seat does not have all of the power movement functions as the driver's seat does.

There is a member here who replaced the passenger seat in his lambda (Traverse I believe) with a driver's seat so he had all of the power functions on that side also.  I asked him what he did, if anything, about the switch being against the center console when he installed it on that side, but he never replied.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
Toddzilla67

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:31:06 AM »

That is correct, the passenger seat does not have all of the power movement functions as the driver's seat does.

There is a member here who replaced the passenger seat in his lambda (Traverse I believe) with a driver's seat so he had all of the power functions on that side also.  I asked him what he did, if anything, about the switch being against the center console when he installed it on that side, but he never replied.

That does somewhat defeat the purpose, doesn't it?  I wonder if the switches could be used with the original passenger seat trim to leave the switches in their original location...

2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Born 11/09
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Sunroof, Towing

Just drive it.
harrysmith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:12:12 AM »

It seems to me on a high end vehicle that a full power seat should be available on the passenger side if someone wants it, or maybe it should just be standard.  I believe the Buick LaCross has a full power seat on the passenger side in the high end vehicle, so why not on the Traverse?
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »

To all on this thread,

Toddzilla67 and ls973800 are correct about the power passenger seat and its controls.

As for your feedback about the passenger seat should have the same power features as the driver side seat, I completely agree with all of you.  Unfortunately, I am not privy to the information as to why the engineers make the decision that they do about these options and features. 

I apologize that I can't provide more information to you about this. 

Have a great week!
Michelle P., Chevrolet Customer Service
Baldie88

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »

Thanks to all for your quick response.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. 

Now if I can just figure out how to run this fancy radio/nav system I'll be all set. 

Ron
"Baldie88"

2011 Cyber Gray LTZ
2005 Black Chevrolet Impala LS
1988 Red Corvette
GXPWeasel
Traverse Freak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 09:13:01 AM »

It seems to me on a high end vehicle that a full power seat should be available on the passenger side if someone wants it, or maybe it should just be standard.  I believe the Buick LaCross has a full power seat on the passenger side in the high end vehicle, so why not on the Traverse?

You would think so wouldn't you. Then again, you would also think that after spending $32k plus on a Brand new '07 Grand Prix GXP, that it would have just a power passenger seat, but nope, still manual. Although, in that car, I guess they could make the excuse of weight savings. I guess there are some things that just aren't seen as necesities on the newer cars. Heck, my '02 Grand Prix GTP with leather interior didn't even have a passenger heated seat, but had dueal temp controls.  :Smiley

Greg.

2010 Red Jewel LT2 (Spring Edition)
silverfish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »

Another note on the passenger seat. Do you all feel the seat pitch is just not enough to give good posture? After driving the car for a while, and then when I am a passenger, I just feel something is not right. But there is unfortunately no adjustment to tilt the front end up a bit.
screw991le

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 06:36:47 PM »

Bean counters, plain and simple.  Just look at what they have taken off the 11's and so of the similar priced Lambada platforms have and the price has not been lowered.

Here is a list I have so far.

Projector lamps
Power folding mirrors
No 8 way pass seat
Power moon roof shade

Add to the list at will.

2011 Black Granite Metallic LTZ AWD - Loaded
2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 GT - Loaded
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories