TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
November 23, 2014, 03:52:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: New After Market Radio Affecting Rear Parking Assist?????? HELP  (Read 4305 times)
icelasher

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:21:35 AM »

A couple of days ago, I had a local dealership install a new after market radio/receiver in my 2010 Traverse LT-1. Reason being, because the Traverse I purchased did not come with XM Radio which my wife insisted on having. The radio works great, but I have noticed a major problem. This new radio seems to have affected the rear parking assist. When I put the vehicle in reverse, the beeping starts right away,(even with nothing behind me), and stays at the same speed until I am just about to hit something, then it rings like a doorbell once and then stops. Is there a way to adjust the parking assist? Any help would be appreciated. I plan on calling the Dealership that installed the radio tomorrow, but would like to see if anyone else has any ideas 1st. The Radio, if it matters is a : JVC Double Din Model: KW-XR610.

McTravy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 04:54:37 AM »

Can you post a photo where you installed the radio. Thanks.
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:50:21 AM »

not sure Ive seen a problem like yours on the lambda forums.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »

icelasher,

I have read about the issue that you are experiencing after having your local dealership install your after market sounds system.  Please, provide us with your outcome of contacting the dealership.  I am very curious as to what they are going to do to assist you with this.

Michelle P., Chevrolet Customer Service
84camino
Global Moderator

cadavev cadavev
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 05:39:17 PM »

in my old siverado i had a double din kenwood dvd radio and i had to put a few modules to make the chimes and onstar work so im wondering if you dont need something like that for the traverse radio. i do know that alot of the stuff is run thru the radios in these newer cars that is why i chose to leave this radio alone and just add better speakers

Dave Vianu
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
11 Traverse 1LT
84 El Camino Custom
pops13

Yes, a queen size IKEA mattress will fit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »

I had a local shop install a JVC KW-NT3HDT in my '10 LT1 Traverse.  After the new radio was in, I no longer had chimes, turn signal sounds, nor rear parking assist.  I called the shop, who said I could get the sounds back if they installed another module (plus another $150).  Due to distance involved (and the fact that I was still mad) I went to another local shop and they installed a PAC OS4 module.  The sounds are back but a little different-the turn signal is more of a chime than a click, the chimes are more computer sounding, and the back up alarm definitely sounds different than stock.  It does work correctly, however, one chime when I put it in neutral, then silent until I get close, then the faster beeping, then solid.   I'd ask your dealer what module he installed, then look at the manufacturer's website to see if it really is fully compatible with your year Traverse. 

2010 Traverse LT1 AWD
icelasher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:37:54 PM »

I attempted to call the dealership today to no avail. I will be calling the service manager tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I guess I will have to take a short road trip to the dealership.
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »

icelasher,

Thank you for the update.  I look forward to reading more about this. 

I hope that you have a great week!
84camino
Global Moderator

cadavev cadavev
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »

i bet they did not put the proper module in.

Dave Vianu
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
11 Traverse 1LT
84 El Camino Custom
icelasher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »

I spoke to the dealership today. Bad news, they have no answer for me, the person who installed the radio has no idea why this is happening; they are going to do a little research and get back to me in a couple days. Good news, they are going to mail me the remote control they forgot to give me when they installed the radio. Guess I will just have to sit and wait for an answer. I 'll give them til Monday I guess to come up with an answer.....
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Traverse Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »

Dear icelasher,

I am glad that they are going to get you the remote to your stereo.  I apologize that they didn't have any information for you as to what is going on with your vehicle.

The next step for us to do is, to wait the couple of days to see what information they provide you with.  From what I am getting from reading your update, it seems that they are trying to get to the culprit that has caused the situation.  Let's give them the couple of days that they have requested and go from there.

Sincerely,
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories