TraverseForum.com
Bookmark and Share
November 24, 2014, 05:18:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little orange 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Disable Auto Lock/Unlock?  (Read 4148 times)
jwhjr

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:39:23 PM »

Is there a way to disable the auto lock/unlock altogether?  On my 04 I have the option to switch it over to MANUAL ONLY (which I am using).  The options on the Traverse are very inconvenient to say the least, especially when we're having to drop off/pick up the kids at all of their various events.  I know that a year or two after 2004 you had an option to go into the dealer to have them program it with the scan tool because the Manual option was no longer available through the DIC.  I think that option is gone now though.  Does anyone know if it is possible to bypass the auto lock/unlock?

2011 Traverse 1LT AWD
Cyber Grey Metallic
staciesbaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »

seems to me that there are many custom options within the DIC , and you should be able to completely disable from there also.  good luck!

10 Traverse AWD, spring special, steel green, 20's, projectors,dual sunroofs,remote start/bluetooth,8 pass seating
staciesbaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:06:06 PM »

see section 5-40 thru 5-42 of owners manual...shows exactly how to disable auto locking

10 Traverse AWD, spring special, steel green, 20's, projectors,dual sunroofs,remote start/bluetooth,8 pass seating
jwhjr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 04:21:49 PM »

All I see on those pages is the 2 locking options (SHIFT OUT OF PARK (default), AT VEHICLE SPEED).  I don't want either of these because I don't want them to lock at all unless I do it manually.  The no change option is just to not change whatever of the 2 is active.  As far as the Unlock options, none of those really matter because I don't want it to lock in the first place (when dropping kids off we don't put it in park, and we don't take the key out of the ignition).  The none unlocking is what I want as a NONE LOCKING option.

2011 Traverse 1LT AWD
Cyber Grey Metallic
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 04:26:14 PM »

can the kids pull up on the lock button?

But I dont think youre going to be able to have the NO lock feature-- Ive read of others- on other forums who want the same- but the manufacturers no longer provide this feature...

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
jwhjr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »

Yes they can.  I just don't like the fact that it has to be locked.  The owner (consumer) should have the choice on something like that.  It's not like you have to put the seatbelt on in order to drive it which I think is a bigger "safety" issue than the door automatically locking.  There is already child locks on the rear doors that you can set if you were really that concerned about your kids (or anyone else) opening the door when the vehicle is moving.  I've also heard the "it can help prevent a car-jacking when you're stopped at a light argument", but again I think the choice should be left up to me whether I want it automatically locking or not.

2011 Traverse 1LT AWD
Cyber Grey Metallic
bowtie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:48:12 AM »

Yes they can.  I just don't like the fact that it has to be locked.  The owner (consumer) should have the choice on something like that.  It's not like you have to put the seatbelt on in order to drive it which I think is a bigger "safety" issue than the door automatically locking.  There is already child locks on the rear doors that you can set if you were really that concerned about your kids (or anyone else) opening the door when the vehicle is moving.  I've also heard the "it can help prevent a car-jacking when you're stopped at a light argument", but again I think the choice should be left up to me whether I want it automatically locking or not.

this imo is one of the downfalls gm has by not providing at least the option to disable. i can't stand this feature as well, but am forced to live with it.

2010 Chevy Traverse 1LT,AWD, red jewel, tow pkg, back-up mirror bod-11/09
jwhjr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »

I've also done some other digging and it sounds like we're SOL on this one.  Not the end of the world, but I was hoping there was an "easy" way around it.

2011 Traverse 1LT AWD
Cyber Grey Metallic
rbarrios
Traverse GOD!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21:13 PM »

I wonder if GM was sued at some point..
Something like..
I want $5 bazillion because I was hit by a car-- and because the door locks DO NOT lock on their own-- this caused the door to open in the accident/rollover--- and my prized parrot was ejected from the now open door....

Verdict-  GM pays $10 bazillion.

GM--- lets lock all doors from now on.... automatically...

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    27,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-    84,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories